Reports copy to clipboard copies entire webpage

I understand but prefer not to generalize and in some of these popular commercial application cases there are excellent 3rd Party tools that are even more powerful exporting to Excell, CSV and other formats. For non commercial such as Wave, full exports are easy too and free. I do not think the issue here is about if it does, but that it did make exports available through an export button it removed and clarification provided in this thread including inconvenience this has caused the originator of the thread. It raises more fundamental questions of removing / adding functionality that affects how people were using the application without sufficient warning that it would affect the way they use the application. Even if the developer has the right to do whatever the developer wants to do in relation to making user data available as for example mentioned by @Tut it would be a courtesy at least to inform the affected about the consequences of such changes and provide confidence in the direction taken however inconvenient it may be for some. As the developer rightly needs convincing to make any changes, likewise it would be beneficial if the developer convinces the users prior to installation about the needs and benefits of the changes and the possible consequences on how the application is used by the users, ideally prior to implementation in kind of short- medium- and long-term roadmaps. I do agree that Manager.io in the way it is setup and documented is the result of experience and thorough thinking about accounting principles by a single developer and thus ensures code consistency offering a great resource in every aspect. Responsiveness on this forum by the developer and @Tut is excellent and would benefit us even more if somewhat less authoritative and defensive and more collegiate and constructive. We are all in this together and the trust that the developer gets by having users operating their business accounts with Manager.io is evidence of the good work and trust in the developer.

1 Like