Remove "Paid in full" invoices from the drop down list

Ok, I see. Thanks for the explanation. What you have explained is not relevant to drop-down list when do bank transactions.
We are asking Manager.io developers to remove/hide paid invoices on drop-down list or change the order to show recent invoices first. This is what lots of us would like to see.

I’ve been thinking for sometime that dropdown list for paying or receiving either by bank or cash need additional information and sorting priority, for payment state is either by colour or by group, then additional information like invoice amount and date when drop down menu listing. This will be relevant as well for journal entries. followed by search filteration which narrows down the list.

Removing or hide paid in full invoices from drop down list doesn’t seem a good idea by default.

1 Like

Hiding might be a good solution, as long as they still appear when they are type searched.

considering it’s just one extra condition on the query that populates the dropdown*, I would think it would be one of the simplest additions to make:

where invoice remaining balance > 0 (I realise “remaining balance” is not one of the stored fields for an invoice, but populating the field with thousands of cleared entries is equally a waste).

* I think it’s prudent to mention (as it appears going through the thread that some people have got this wrong) the “drop down” that people are requesting to be filtered is in relation to adding an invoice to a payment receipt, not anywhere else that you might want to see a more generalised list where you would want to see all invoices, cleared or otherwise.

In the latest version (22.1.6), there is new checkbox on invoices called Closed invoice.

When this checkbox is checked, invoice won’t appear in dropdown menus.

There is also a way to batch close (or open) invoices based on whether there is any balance due on invoice.

On Sales Invoices and Purchase Invoices screens, there is Batch Open or Close Invoices button.

This will display all invoices where balance due is zero and therefore could be marked as Closed Invoice.

7 Likes

Thanks, very useful. Guess you will do the same for Orders.

1 Like

To close invoice we must edit the invoice by updating it and it makes the process as an update in the registry for this invoice, I would like to perform this step outside the invoice to avoid editing any invoice after be created. You know that would be illegal here in KSA.

Please enable it only for the Paid in Full invoice. And not for the payment due invoices.
Currently it can be checked for any invoices… no matter either it’s paid or not.

Very true.

This is true when you are doing it individually but not when you batch close a number of invoices. Nothing shows in history when you do batch close.

But what will be the effect of a person in authority or auditor seeing that you have edited an invoice to close it?

That’s not true!

Officially, We will be subject to a penalty equivalent to $1,300 for each invoice tampered with and the fine could be doubled according to the discretion of the Authority.

Yes sorry my bad

I see, that’s a huge fine. Even if they do an audit trail and realize that it was not tampered with to have an effect on the value of the invoice?

Closing an invoice has no impact on anything other than having the invoice disappearing from drop-down menus. It’s the same concept like marking customer or bank account inactive.

Currently I will let users to mark inactive anything regardless of the balance. Obviously, in the future I would like to implement some kind of alert when inactive item still carries balance but that will be solved in generic way across all tabs, not just for invoices.

I do not see logic behind this. You are not editing amounts on invoice. You are merely indicating software that invoice is now closed and not to show it in drop-down menus anymore. It’s purely visual preference and internal to you only.

We all admire what you have are doing here and what makes us admire you more and more is your flexibility in meeting governmental requirements. Even if all of us don’t see any logic in these requirements.
I understand that the entire process will not affect the amounts or the substance of the invoice but in the end it is an adjustment. I have to edit the invoice.
As you can see the editing penalties whatever the reason is a very large amount.
Can you do the same purpose without editing the invoice at all? That is something only you can confirm or deny, no one else.

Is there any evidence that KSA issues fine to businesses who edit invoice in their accounting software package even if the edit has no material impact on invoice issued to customer?

For example many accounting software packages want you to edit invoice to mark the invoice as paid (Manager doesn’t do this). Does it mean these accounting packages are all non-compliant because they do not have separate screen to accept the payment? Sure not…

How about having custom field on sales invoice that is internal to you. For example, which staff member receives commission on sale. You get fined if you change the value of internal custom field (e.g. updating staff member name) on sales invoice? Sure not…

Do not use “even if the edit has no material impact on invoice issued to customer?” to convince them. All these modifications are edits.

and

Why Sure not?!
Actually, SURE YES :sweat_smile: as per law none of these is acceptable.

It comes down to what does your tax authority define an invoice as.

Typically that would be the record of the FINANCIAL transaction. Flags used to control listing suggestions for new transactions in the software package would not be part of the financial record.

How I have always wished to have great experience like you guys and if I once meet a tax auditor from the Authority who flexible as me and is easily convinced that all these requirements regarding the E-Invoicing are basically illogical.
We are still fighting to continue using Manager while adhering to official laws.

If you really believe you can not change settings in your accounting program which make absolutely no changes to the financial records of past invoices, then you probably should not use this feature in Manager.

If you still wanted the functionality then you will need to think and suggest of a better way of doing it which can be applied uniformly across all areas of Manager and is “better” for by far the majority of Manager users.

1 Like

What about a column of checkboxes in the invoice table which could be tick to close invoice with user permissions also to control who can close invoice, finally I’m not a technical. :hugs:

This is exactly the same as the batch update allows you to do, it does not open any of the invoices. The fear that Manager is not compliant with your authorities is not something the developer can take responsibility for and it is up to every user to decide if it is a good fit for them or move to another application. The fact that so many businesses seem to use Manager (I do not have statistics on this, except discussion forum views) gives me sufficient confidence that it is a good fit for quite a number of businesses I help.

1 Like