Remove "Paid in full" invoices from the drop down list

That will change ancillary data attached to the financial records for each invoice. It would show in the history tab as the same changes as the current implementation.

The definition of an invoice to an external authority unlikely to include software settings which have no effect on

• data previously submitted to the tax authority (eg QR code data)
  • which will have no effect on future income or VAT tax returns
  • have no effect on documentation sent to customer / suppliers
  • have no effect on internal invoice printed display

I completely agree with Lubos reasoning. Certain fields such aren’t part of the “legal” definition of the invoice. Open/closed status is one of them. Locking them will only cause more harm than good.

I also agree that completely dropping the update/delete actions from invoicing isn’t wise and I haven’t seen any large accounting software or ERP that does that.

Imo, the best way to handle this is to have another lock date just for billing transactions. My reasoning is this:

• Users need to be able to update and delete invoices and credit notes that aren’t yet official – i.e. issued, sent, signed and sealed, stamped, digitized or whatever.

• Since billing data is the most up to date – compared to purchasing, receipts and payments, etc, you need to be able to lock invoices as soon as possible without having to wait for these other areas to catch up. Also, you don’t want to expose your billing data to any risks of unlocking the general period lock.

The billing lock should be “smart” just like the general lock in the sense that it allows update of statuses and custom fields which are not part of the legal definition of an invoice. This will ensure that locked invoices will remain locked even when you want to update their status or provide an internal note.

I believe that this together with restricting update permissions is a fool proof method for ensuring compliance with any set of regulations.

@Ehab, you are fortunate that KSA law and implementing regulations are so thorough and precise. Unlike in many jurisdictions, the definition of a tax invoice—including its detailed content—are clearly specified. Nowhere does that definition include open or closed status, which is not included on the invoice to begin with. And there is certainly nothing in the definition of a tax invoice that mentions whether the software used to create it lists or does not list that invoice in a menu of available options when receiving money against it. If you were to follow your objection to its logical conclusion, it would also be illegal to record a receipt against an invoice, because doing so adds a Paid in Full stamp to the document. I hope you do not believe an auditor would object to that. Yet, by your definition, that would constitute “editing” the invoice.

I have one solution for you. Maybe it can help you.
Step 1
From Settings > Use Form Defaults > Sales Invoice > Mark Closed Invoice.
This is for all Invoice Defaults.

Step 2
Now when you are making new Invoice there is no checkbox for the Closed Invoice displayed to you. (But As we already marked it from Defaults… it already marked in background by Manager.)

Step 3
Now For received payment… You need to go in “sales invoice” section and then select the specific “invoice” and then click on “New receipt” tab. By this way you can receive the payment for that specific Invoice.

By this method, you do not need to go into edit the invoice option.

I think your main problem of “editing invoice” is solved by this method. Hope you understand the procedure.

1 Like

Excellent, Excellent and Excellent, I think this is the best way to do it at the moment.
Thanks a lot @AaiRIz :rose:

If I create a receipt for the invoice, that does not change the history of the invoice in the registry.
Full Paid does not affect the registry also. I was asking to make the closing process just like Full Paid.

soultion from @AaiRIz, you can test. I think he found the right solution.

It’s getting weird from you, @eko I see that you often end your posts with me with one summary “Find another program because Manager is not suitable” This is strange.
It seems that someone really thought about helping seriously and found a very simple but very convenient solution for what was needed. Thanks here to @AaiRIz and thanks in advance to you also @eko for everything you did to help us except for your advice to dispensing with the use of Manager

1 Like

I agree with other posters that the invoice has not been altered. If you print the invoice before removing from “Paid In Full” Drop down box and you print the invoice after you have removed it from that drop down box - you will see that the invoice is absolutely identical!

What the government (any government) cares about is whether the invoice has been altered in the sense of fudging your taxes, income etc. In other words for fraudulent reasons. They don’t use Manager and when they audit you, all they will be interested in is the accuracy of the invoices themselves in terms of dates, customer names, vat/gst, amounts and what is being sold etc.

So I am with Tut and others who state this is no different to marking paid on the invoice or marking invoice status as complete or open etc. If you are in doubt, ask your accountant and I am sure that he would state that an administrative function of Manager to remove invoices from a drop down on the basis of paid status is of no interest to any tax authority. All that is relevant is whether the printed invoice is changed in any way - which will not be the case.

1 Like

Please do not get personal, I don’t. Also read my post in this discussion, there is nothing mentioned to what I refer to.

I don’t. I appreciate your help any way. except…:smiling_face:

@lubos fantastic new feature, thank you very much!!!