Receipt of payment

The advance payment received against an order not reflecting in customer statement

Please be realistic. How can you expect meaningful responses when you have provided no information about your situation? Describe your actions in detail. Furnish screen shots of relevant Edit screens of transactions and reports.

1 Like

Advance payments can only be made to sales invoices NOT sales orders, see guides at https://www.manager.io/guides/7022. As @Tut says your information is totally inadequate to give any further meaningful advise. You obviously expected a result, i.e. some payment reflecting in customer statement, but you did not explain your actions.

Please find the screen shot of my queries. The payment received before i make sales invoice, when i entered the receipt against the customer with the material to be supplied, when i made the invoice it doe snot reflect against it nor reflecting the statement.

You need to show the edit screens, not the view screens of the Receipt and the Sales Invoice

The receipt you showed is not assigned to Invoice 00280. Also the Invoice was created after the Receipt which is impossible. As a new user you are advised to study the guides on invoices, payments, receipts, etc.

Of course you can enter a receipt before the sales invoice is issued - it’s a deposit or advance payment by the customer

But we need to see the edit screens of the Receipt and Sales Invoice to see what has been done incorrectly

Yes but it needs to be assigned to that invoice!

That’s why I asked to see the edit screens of the transactions in question - otherwise I have no idea what information you entered on the transactions

The view screens do not show the relevant pieces of information

See https://www.manager.io/guides/7093

Note: * Do not select anything in the Item field, even if the deposit is for an inventory or non-inventory item.

This receipt is what is considered a cash sale. I.s.o. the items you should select Accounts Receivable in the Account entry field and leave the Invoice entry field on Automatic.

And, as @eko already suggested, as a new member you should start by reading the Guides, and the Forum Rules/FAQ.

But the customer same, then why it not showing in the customer statement.

Any transaction like Sales, payment receipt, sales return, must reflect in the customer statement,

I attached the screen shot in edit mode, please advise @Joe91

This is a Receipt for a cash sale not a Receipt for an advance payment

Cash Sales never appear in a customer statement.

Customer Statement only have Sales Invoices, Debit Notes, Receipts and payments on a customer account

Mark has shown you how to record an advance payment

1 Like

Again, even @Mark’s advise is not following the easy explanation in the guides https://www.manager.io/guides/7093

So let’s stop this discussion until @pradeepk67 starts reading and implementing the guides. As a new user @pradeepk67 you really should first follow the guides and only post and discuss here when you have tried properly. This frankly is against the forum rules and a waste of our time.

1 Like

Yes now resolved the issue, thanks for the Manger team for helping the issue, in future i will try properly to find solutions myself before posting the queries, once again sorry for inconvenience caused by me.

3 Likes