Receipt for foreign currency display base currency only

Hi all,

I am missing something that Receipts printout only shows base currency even for foreign customers with set foreign currency?

I am entering both currencies on receipt but only base currency displays, which it is not ideal to send to customers when they have been invoiced and paid in foreign currency. They will be confused to why they pay in USD and the receipt shows BHD with no exchange rate showing for example.

Is there a way to have the printout to show either:

• (a) foreign currency only; and/or
  • (b) both currencies?

Thank you.

Desktop Manager V21.5.10
Mac OS V11.0.1

That’s because you are using a BHD bank account to receive USD payments.

Because the account is denominated in BHD, Manager automatically converts the receipts to local currency using the most recent exchange rate entered in the settings.

Similar to how banks report Foreign currency amounts, you can put your USD amount in the description and it will show on your receipt.

Hi @Ealfardan, i understand that i am receiving USD in a BHD account and that Manager is doing its job, but there is no way to display by default on receipt printout @lubos?

Yes, entering in description it is a way of doing, but it is still a workaround.

Thank you.

(a) When you deposit a receipt into a BHD bank account, the actual bank transaction is in BHD, regardless of how the bank received the funds. The bank may convert the currency for you (almost always for a fee), but the bank account itself can only be denominated in one currency. Therefore, the receipt shows BHD.

(b) @Ealfardan has given you one way to memorialize the foreign currency amount. Custom fields are another. But the forced equivalence option is not designed to provide two currencies for a transaction that occurred (and can occur) only in one. That feature has a different purpose. It fixes the status of a transaction, such as a sales invoice, rather than allowing it to become over- or underpaid as exchange rates change. This is explained in the Guide, https://www.manager.io/guides/9158, in the paragraph just before the final Example.

Hi @Tut, i was just wondering if it could be automated display like coding the theme for example.

Since the user have an option to enter the currency amount in receipt, this could trigger to also show the value on printout since once the numbers are entered into currency amount field, it has nothing to do or depends on FOREX but it is just simply entered numbers to display.

Thank you.

That will not work. Themes only control the appearance of information passed to the form by the program for display. The foreign currency amount is not passed. The only way around that is to put it into a custom field designated to show on printed documents. That information will be passed. And it would not require a custom theme.