Projects to be connected to its customers

Hi everyone,
when Projects are created, its customer for whom the project is to be rendered can’t be assigned unless another custom fields as a customer is used in the project which is a double job. The absence of this option makes too difficult to group multiple projects for specific customer since the customer is not available in project lists. Hope, that @lubos would add this to the Idea and I request it to be implemented if it is practically possible. It’s known that most accounting programs have this functionality for decades.

Not sure what you are asking. Projects assign Customers through Invoices and Payments and Receipts. You should use Divisions if you want to restrict Customers to these, i.e. in the Customer edit screen you can assign which Division they belong to. For projects that would not make sense as they are part of P&L and thus simply assigned as described.

Am sure what I am asking for @eko. I am not talking about from the P&L point of view - every one knows that all revenues & expenses are attached to there specific projects via Divisions or projects. My point is that, we want to assign specific project/job to its customer - i.e. when a project is created, the user is to be able to assign this project to its customer within the project create screen - this might be done via a customer drop down list availability.
This option is great for:

1. sorting multiple projects for a single customer
  2. a shared custom field information(b/w Customer & Project) - such as Telephone etc. will be available in the project when attached to a customer.

I am sure I understood and explained why this is not supported. Let me try to be more succinct. Take your example with the screenshot. In this case you used a Custom field for a single customer that could be assigned to that project. Your request would be to be able to select the Customer as existing in the Customer tab but what if the project has multiple customers, which is very common?

The current implementation of Projects in Manager allows you to assign multiple customers and suppliers to a single project as explained in the guides at Guides | Manager.io

Once your project is set up, the next step is to associate all relevant financial transactions with this project. This can include invoices, receipts, payments, and any other economic activities that pertain to the project.

if I can assign multiple customers to a single project (many -to One), it is also possible that I can assign single customer to a single project (one-to one - which is I want). entering financial transactions are not the issue @eko.
Kindly guide us the process of assigning multiple customers to a single project inside the Projects Tab - since you oppose the other way round.

Sorry but the assignment only happens through invoices, receipts, payments, and any other economic activities that pertain to the project. You select the Customer or Supplier through those means. You reason that you can click on project and assign a customer to that project and I explained clearly that that is not possible.

As for your request for an example. See below screenshot of a Test Business. The project is assigned at the item level. same would be for invoices, payments and other economic activities pertaining to the project.

@eko, if assignment only happens via transaction entries as already known, what is wrong with the the Idea of assigning customers to their projects via Projects Tab, knowing that this option is not a new entrant in the accounting software environment?

Give me an example please. I already clearly explained why this is not possible and not useful either. So will await other comments.

Could be done through custom field which you are already using. (Make sure to enter their Name correctly)

Apart from this i dont see any other benefit.
Or maybe we could request a New Project button shortcut from customer view screen, So all the custom fields with placement at both customer and projects could be auto filled.
Also a Contact custom field for Customer/Supplier/Employees (Which is already in Ideas.)

@shahabb , using custom filed as a customer already registered in the customers Tab again is actually a time consuming and needless task.