Printing PDFs

We have created custom theme for Customer Statement, in order to reflect custom fields and notes as desired.

The preview is showing good and working completing fine using ‘Print’ option even if we select ‘save as PDF’, PDF is created successfully.

As, we use ‘PDF’ option, it does not print as previewed. Can you please guide, what shall we do?

You should decide which presentation you prefer and use it. Manager is not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get program. When you use the Print button, even if you choose a “print-to-PDF” option, you are using drivers from your operating system. They are rendering the HTML that creates the screen image. When you use the PDF button, you are using an internal PDF generator that has to accommodate over 60 languages and substitutes fonts as a result. There are also differences in margins, as some printer drivers impose their own to prevent problems with printers that cannot print all the way to the edge of the paper.

Some users create different custom themes to use when using Print or PDF.

You should also not divert topics with unrelated questions. This subject has nothing to do with invoices with arrears.

1 Like

Apologies for continuing the conversation, if you want you can transfer it to new topic; no issues.

We don’t mind for margins and fonts etc, important is that it should generate through PDF option as we would prefer to opt for batch PDF.

Need your assistance to resolve it, please!

Your first post said that a PDF did not print as previewed. I tried to explain that what you see on screen is not a preview.

Also, selecting PDF does not print anything. It generates a PDF file.

The Batch PDF function is not available while viewing a transaction, only when viewing lists.

Rest we both understand and it clarifies, thank you!

We have prepared a custom theme which we would like to use while generating PDF files then we will print PDF file, as and when needed.

Simply, we need to generate PDF file.

At present, PDF is generating a file but it does not reflect custom theme; we might be missing something therefore thought important to seek your assistance as it proved very helpful recently in quickly addressing couple of things.

I would wait for your guidance to manage this as well.

When generating a PDF, the program will use the custom theme (if any) currently selected on the transaction’s Edit screen. The result will almost never look exactly like what you see on your screen.

It not only about looking the same as preview. We can live with its placement unfortunately all the fields are not appearing in PDF file.

We are using could edition, if you want we can share specific screen shot separately on email.

Post the screen shot here. Also post a screen shot of the Edit screen for the transaction you are trying to create the PDF for.

Thank you @Tut for your timely assistance!!

This is preview screen on Manager and it result likely same if we use Print option and print it or save as PDF.

This is the result from using ‘PDF’ option.

I got your point, it could be due to back hand programming.

Actually, we operate in school operation therefore we need to provide fee vouchers which usually is landscape and same prints on duplication and triplicate copy. However, Liquid is new for us and we are not software engineers therefore whatever we can do to best of our learning and efforts, we created three copies on portrait and pick only select related information as required for original, duplicate and triplicate.

After all efforts and knowing the fact of Batch PDF which is ultimately going to reduce alots of efforts we need your assistance to understand the root cause of our error, if any and resolve the same with your assistance.

So far, I thought you were concerned with simple differences between the screen view and PDF. Now that you have shown these screen shots, I see that you have attempted a very major restructuring of transaction content. What you have tried is well beyond the capability of someone unfamiliar with Liquid. It is also far beyond the scope of this forum, which is not a programming instructional resource.

I recommend hiring a programmer locally with Liquid experience.

Glad! you are here!!

Yes, we don’t mind. Can you connect us to someone, if possible.

No. That is your own responsibility. Many competent web developers can code in Liquid. It is commonly used on shopping sites.

Noted with thanks!