Printing & PDF Difference

Dear Admin,
I have attached two pictures herewith and you will find what error i am talking about.
Direct PDF Generated File Error in Custom Fields of LInes

Making PDF by Print Command

In First Picture Gap of Custom Field is too much when click the button of PDF.
In Second Picture, Bottom of the Format is not actually at the bottom. it adjusted where document ended. This Happens when i click the print button and save to pdf.
Kindly reply

please search the forum and read the various topics already discussed regarding this.

You do not actually mention what your custom field is. I presume, however, that is the UoM column.

What you see is the result of the program saving enough space for typical line item custom field contents when it generates the PDF, versus a browser displaying content and an operating system’s printer driver converting the display to a PDF. The internal PDF generator is optimized for Manager content, taking into account the need to accommodate 80-plus languages. It also contains features for repeating headings when pages break on multi-page documents. Your operating system and its printer drivers don’t have these features.

You should understand that Manager is not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get application. Screen displays look different from directly printed displays, which look different from PDFs generated internally.

Totally understand that @Tut , but would like to see an improvement regarding this in the future.

Not finding any solution, if you can suggest me then I will try to do that.

Another thing I have noticed in this regard. When I add a footnote to a P&L report when viewing the report in manager the footnote appears once at the end of the report. When creating a PDF, it repeats on every page. Would be nice to be consistent.

Accept the fact that Manager is not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get program. It generates screen images as HTML. It does not generate PDFs from the screen image, but creates them from scratch using an internal PDF generator. But I said all this in my earlier post in this thread.