Printing from Linux

On Windows (10) by pressing Ctrl+P in almost any form window I can print visible content very nicely (summary, list of accounts or anything that is on screen). There is no even need to export and process that - everything looks perfectly, fits into page, visually appealing etc, However, on Linux this does not work. Not sure does it has to do anything with OS, but I would appreciate having the same functionality on Linux.
Thank you.

It has everything to do with the operating system. Essentially, you should only print in one of two ways:

• Click the PDF button to generate a PDF of what you see using the program’s internal PDF generator, then print the PDF.
  • Click the Print button in the program (not your normal operating system’s PDF button) and print through the operating system’s dialog bog that will open.

Note that documents may look somewhat different with the two methods because of printer driver issues.

You also didn’t say whether you were using desktop, server, or cloud edition. With desktop, there is no intention that you be able to print without going through one of the methods above. You may be able to on some operating systems, but not on others. If you are using a web-accessed edition, what you describe may be printing through features of the browser.

…However, on Linux this does not work. Not sure does it has to do anything with OS, but I would appreciate having the same functionality on Linux…

As @Tut points out, it has everything to do with your OS.
You just need to map your keys to make them do what you want them to - Linux is all about choice, but how you do that, will depend upon what distribution you are using.

Thanks Tut,
I use desktop version for both win/lin. If this is not the functionality, I would suggest this as an idea for implementation, because it very convenient way to put the information on a paper. So far I know only two ways to print:

1. export to excel, edit, format, print - long, annoying way,
  2. Ctrl+P where it is available - nice, fast, clean way.

To make clear, it is applicable for printing mainly lists: summary, lists of cash, bank accounts, chart of account, print filtered transactions and so on. I have no problems printing transactions.

Images are for illustration purposes :slight_smile:

Based on your screen shots, your software is quite far out of date.

Would you like me to take screenshots with the latest version?

If you exactly know how to do this on Linux, please, tell me.

Like I said before - that depends upon what distro you are using

Neon or Ubuntu 16.04

I don’t mean to be rude, but have you ever heard of a search engine or thought of looking in your distro’s settings or help pages…
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Keybindings

I do not think that this has anything to do with key bindings, that is why I am asking you for exact instructions. I really think this is about difference in web engine processing on different platforms, because printing functionality (which I meant by saying Ctrl+P, I did not meant shortcut) is not provided in Linux version.
So, do you know how to provide printing functionality on Linux Managers desktop version?

I am almost certainly not the best bloke to talk to about this, as I see no real point in printing anything on paper in the first place…
That said, in my personal experience Ctrl+P by default in all the versions of both Windows and Ubuntu that I have ever used both produce the same result.

Not necessarily, because this isn’t a forum for discussion of operating system characteristics. Your initial complaint was that your operating system system doesn’t work the way you want. I pointed out that Manager, being designed to work on several operating systems, has its own functions for printing. (It isn’t the first such program to ignore operating system capabilities and substitute its own. Microsoft Office products, for example, don’t make use of recent file lookups on some operating systems.)

My point was that there is a possibility your problem will disappear if you update your software. I don’t know. Meanwhile, the rest of what you read on the forum or in the Guides will apply to your new software, while less and less will apply to your outdated version.

This was not the complain, this was a joy of very useful function, that does not appear on other software versions.

That is not the problem, that is a wish to have this functionality on all software versions. If this was not intended by developers, than I wish to recommend to implement this as found this to be very convenient.

If you think that this is not worth posting as an idea, just tell that.

The question is not whether I think it is worth posting as an Idea. I explained that what you suggest is related to your operating system, not the program. Since it does not originate in Manager, it cannot be changed by Manager. And if you prefer the way the program behaves under Windows, you should run it under Windows.

This won’t be implemented. The main reason is that some lists can get extremely long. This is why Export button is given instead which will let you copy to spreadsheet and from there you can do with it what you like.

I suspect it wasn’t deliberately “intended” on any OS, not even on Windows. It’s probably just something that Windows allows, due to a quirk of how the Manager software works (as an embedded web application).

If you wish to print any page, including on linux distributions, the guaranteed way would be to purchase Cloud or Server Edition, and then access it through your web browser. The web browser will handle the printing for you.

But lubos gave a good reason why you shouldn’t do it, even then:

I have nothing to add…

The Best Option is Click on PDF in Invoice and then print

M using Ubuntu 16.04 and there is no prob while printing using PDF