PDF conversion Failed

Dear Team,

PDF conversion failed for tax quote and invoice . please solve this issue asap . attached screen shot for your reference.

Thanks

You need to provide much more information

What edition of Manager are you using - Server, Cloud or Desktop?
What version of Manager are you using?
What platform - Windows PC, Mac, other?
What version of Operating System?

Was it working before?
Why did it stop - what have you changed?

What settings have you got in Settings/Legacy features?

Dear ,

Issue started one hour back. Iam not changed anything.

Iam using Mac OS version Monterey 12.3.

And iam working under manager desktop edition version 22.1.99.

Thanks

And this?

Something must have changed or it would still be working - either an OS update, a Manager update, a change in a parameter somewhere

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 2.58.04 PM

trust me iam not changed any setting and not updated my Mac OS or manager from past 2 days. its working perfectly till morning …

and suddenly got this error. I restarted system and shutdown as well. error not rectified.

Thanks

When did you update Manager to the latest version (22.1.99) and what version did you update from?

Can you show a screen image of the edit and view screes for the sales invoice and quote (assuming it is a sales invoice and sales quote - it is better to use terminolgy from manager and not your customised title (Tax Quote) which does not clearly explain what I am looking at

Dear Joe,

I updated manager software on 26th march version 22.1.97 to 22.1.99.

It is a bit odd that you do not have an issue date, expiry date or Business address - this could be your problem

Here’s an an example from my Test business

What happens when you clcik on the PDF button?

Your initial question seems to concern the generation of a pdf to be attached to an email - is this correct?

You also have some graphic characters (Registration mark, TM) in your description which may be causing a problem with the fonts used

I do not have a MAC only a PC, so I can’t say if that is a problem or not with the Macs.

When I click PDF button it take me to company data main page .

@asvinalbert, your questions cannot be answered until you furnish all the information @Joe91 requested.

Dear Tut & @Joe91

As explained earlier, when I click tax quote PDF it should be save as PDF file. but today when I click PDF its take me to main company data page.

Attached screen shot for your reference. Also I attached my Mac OS version and Manager version.

Please fix this issue

Thanks

Neither I nor Tut can fix this as we are just users of the Manager software like yourself

This certainly feels like a bug but I would have to leave that to Tut or another Mac user to make a definite diagnosis.

As the internal pdf generator is no longer supported, you might have to use the workaround whereby you create the pdf using your operating system (print to pdf) and then email the pdf using an email service external to Manager

Unfortunately, this is the route taken by the developer

Out of interest, what happens if you use the Print to pdf option on your Mac?

I cannot test with your version of macOS. I suspect, however, that @Joe91 is correct with his guess that the problem lies with the special characters you are using. Most PDF problems when using English have historically been font issues. Try without those and see what happens. Also, does this problem happen only with this one sales quote? Or does it happen with other transactions, too? A little investigation on your own would be helpful before crying out for help.

You have also shown two different screen shots of what may or may not be the same transaction, without explaining how they are different.

You have not said whether you are using a custom theme. That is important.

And showing the Edit screens of troublesome transactions is always vital for troubleshooting.

Next, @Joe91 already asked you to use terminology from the program. There is no such thing as the “company data main page” in Manager. Are you referring to a Summary page? A Businesses page? Or something else?

Finally, if things work correctly when selecting Print and then choosing Save to PDF in the print dialog box, the developer will do nothing. As @Joe91 has already told you, the PDF legacy function is no longer supported. Using PDF capabilities of your operating system and printer driver is now the recommended approach. Only if that fails will the developer consider this a bug, and then only if it is unrelated to the special characters mentioned above.

Dear @Tut & @Joe91 ,

Thanks for your quick response.

I’m using this software from past 3 years . I never face any issue even I am using same font from my start day. yesterday only started this issue for converting sales quote to PDF.

Even I tried with another option send pdf through email that’s also I got error. attached error for your reference.

@Tut Problem happen only with sales quote. when I convert sales invoice or other transaction to PDF its working perfectly . so I believe there no issue on font or custom themes.

Thanks

That proves the problem is with your sales quote, not the program. Have you tried the recommended solution with that sales quote? Or are you still going to insist there is a problem with the application?

Neither @Joe91 nor I believe in magic, although it might be nice to think there are magical solutions to problems. You keep stating that nothing anywhere has changed: not your computer, not the program, so something must have magically caused your problem. Yet you admit you updated Manager on March 26. The sales quote is dated March 28. So very clearly, you cannot have any experience to say making a PDF of this particular sales quote worked with the prior version of Manager. Something did change—the sales quote—and that is the only thing giving you a problem. So please try the recommended solution of getting rid of the special characters and report the result.

Dear @Tut & @Joe91 ,

Today I updated new version 22.3.2 of Manager. Now my PDF conversion working fine.

Thanks for your support

Hi all,

I’d like to get help from the same problem. I am using cloud version, and I get this error everytime.

Can anyone help me how to solve this?

@ibadlon, whatever problem you have, it is not the same problem, as the previous problem with a sales quote was resolved. And you are dealing with a receipt. So let’s begin by posting a screen shot of the View screen of the receipt involved.

@Tut , i read back all the replies here and found out that it is because i have an image inside my custom theme. This causes the above problem whenever I send an email and/or Click PDF button.

With that being said, is there a way that the error will not occur if there are images on the custom theme whether sending email or clicking PDF button?