Option for Integration

I started using Manager almost half a year ago, and as our first program it is really great.
But we might have to migrate from such a great program because it is missing some very vital components.

We have 3 companies all running great, but stock as per manager must be separate for all of them. Since all 3 companies utilize both my warehouses for their sales i can not run the inventory module at all. Is there such a facility arriving in manager where we can use a common (Integrated) warehouse for all our companies or is there no way out of this ? @lubos

Not sure if I understand your predicament. We run multiple companies too. Three of which share warehouses in different locations. What we do is separate each entities inventory so that it is accountable to each company even though it is in the same warehouse. I suspect the key challenge may just be a house keeping one…

Does each company have its own inventory items or do they share inventory items.

If they have their own inventory items, then within each business create the two 0%20Invent%20Locations%20But under Settings.

So company A has location 1 & 2
Company B has location 1 & 2
Company C has location 1 & 2

@Brucanna
The inventory items excluding 100SKU's are the same for all. A total of 1400 Sku’s all shared. We already use inventory locations, but the inventory is the same.

@compuit
Not at all. House keeping is not child’s play in our line of work since we deal in inventory which weighs almost 2500 M tons, which is shared by all 3 companies. So creating virtually segregated spatial boundaries within a warehouse is neither practical nor the correct solution for all business concerns. Integrating warehouses would eliminate this

Both warehouses are multi storied, i was even considering spending a couple of hundred or thousand dollars on physically segregating the products but the warehouses contain the same inventory for all the companies, So why complicate it by creating 6 warehouses when we have already 2. And this would double the time to tally inventory and create much more SOP’s.
Thus Manager would be destroying all the simplicity it gave me

Just employ a resource to manage the inventory. With the kind of trade you are doing and the volume of inventory you need to manage it will seems like it would be economical to do so.

So currently does company A buy 10 of Item XYZ and company B buy 15 of Item XYZ and these are all stored collectively within the one warehouse. Ignoring the 2nd warehouse for the moment.

Or does company A buy 25 and company B can sell any of those 25 items.

Based upon your earlier comment - “We already use inventory locations” - you already have the 6 “accounting” warehouses established - 3 companies by two locations. The only complication comes about from the fact that the inventory hasn’t been physically stored in accordance with those 6 warehouses.

Manager isn’t destroying anything as Manager can only record the accounting transactions resulting from management decisions. Manger doesn’t instruct management on how it should store a company’s physical inventory.

It appears that “all the simplicity it gave me” is actually giving you a problem, hence this topic.

The simplicity solution is, proportion the multi storied warehouses into company zones and then get the forklifts busy re-distributing the inventory as required for each company’s zone. Then hence forth the company’s accounting inventory and the warehouse’s physical inventory will have a happy marriage.

I just want to check something, @Killa88. When you refer to sharing inventory, I want to clarify you are only referring to physically storing inventory owned by each company in shared spaces. I hope you are not referring to three companies selling inventory from a common pool. You simply cannot do that from an accounting perspective. A company can only sell its own inventory (or inventory which will become its own after suitable inter-company purchase/sale transactions).