On the fly customers

I’d love to be able to create customers on the fly.
I often have to just write a name and it’d save me a lot of time.

It’d just be the icing on the cake.
I’m in love with your product.

3 Likes

There will be a button to add new customer from within an invoice. I know it’s a bit inconvenient right now but keep in mind, you can save invoice without selecting a customer so it’s not like you have to discard your progress. Just save the invoice as it is, go to create a customer, then come back and continue.

3 Likes

Genius. Thank you. Love you <3

I would like to see this implemented too, direct customer and product which is then auto saved.

sorry for digging up an old post but I was just looking for this exact feature.

Has this been removed? When I start a new sales invoice the customer field is mandatory from an existing customer base. If the customer doesn’t exist, I can’t go any further.

What I thought interesting is that to create a new customer, it only needs a name. If that’s the case, couldn’t that be done from the sales invoice and if the name doesn’t exist, bring up a dialog box: Do you wish to create a new customer with this name?

1 Like

Hi @d3mad I will be glad to help you out.

If you are in cloud version, you don’t have to leave Sales Invoices in order to create customers. You can simply open Customers in a separate tab and add the customer. After the customer is created return to Sales Invoices tab which will updates and show the newly added customer. Basically the whole thing works as like popup/dialog box.

Give it a try. Hope it helps.

This is a change since the earlier posts in the thread. The reason is that Accounts receivable entries require allocation to a customer subaccount and too many users were leaving them out, with all sorts of hard-to-trace consequences.

1 Like

Thanks @Tut, that does make sense.

Couldn’t it still be created on the fly though? As per the last paragraph, if it only needs the customer name, then that could be populated from this field alone.

What I thought interesting is that to create a new customer, it only needs a name. If that’s the case, couldn’t that be done from the sales invoice and if the name doesn’t exist, bring up a dialog box: Do you wish to create a new customer with this name?

@raJ I’m on the desktop version, so that’s not possible. Once we actually open the doors and be doing things from home and there, I will probably update to the cloud version at that point. For the time being, I’m using my home computer.

I wasn’t addressing that question because I don’t know what would be involved.

1 Like

You can create a customer name [Cash Sale], when you want to issue to a new customer, key in their name in the address column.

@Annie_Wong, I assume you are referring to receiving money in a cash account. There, as you say, you can key in any name as the Payer. But this does not create a customer within Manager. It only records a name on that transaction.