No way of recovering data in desktop version?

Hi,
been searching for a clear answer on here but appears no solution available.

The scenario: My computer suddenly died yesterday. Before you ask, yes, did do regular backups. But the last backup is dated 31.8.21.
I have access to the hard-drive. So, if I understand it correctly despite having used the desktop version there is no way to revocer latest data ?
…I guess that is due to SQL database not being closed despite software was closed prior to computer dying?
Just checking before I spent hours re-entering data for the past 7 days.
Thanks in advance.

if you are able to recover files from your harddrive, then it is possible to recover your business data file from your AppData folder.

Why do you not carry out daily back-ups and either in cloud or on separate disk? This would prevent the issues you describe. As mentioned by @sharpdrivetek all your data is in your AppData folder and if you can recover that one you will be up-to-date. Restoring from back-up is always easier.

Hi,
thanks for your prompt reply.
It is actually a Kubuntu (Linux) computer. So there wouldn’t be a AppData folder as such. Where would the file be in Ubuntu ?

• Done a search but couldn’t find any data file with my business name on it.
    Thanks

Hi eko,
…the reason why I don’t use cloud backup is simply I don’t trust it. …Hence also offline accounting software.
Been working with computers for about 40 years now and have some in depth understanding of security …or lack there off.

irrespective of the OS, all business data files are stored in AppData folder.
please read the guide to understand better Manage application data folder contents | Manager

That is no problem, you then should just make daily back-ups to for example a memory stick. Make sure you lso mke back-ups that you store off-site, ie somewhere else in case your office gets fire :joy:

Thanks.
…little ripper,…got that data back.
Was looking for that info for a couple of hours and given that the ./local folder is hidden wasn’t obvious to find.
:grinning:

Well… backing up to your cloud storage forexample Google drive or Dropbox could save u recover your data from anywhere…that’s incase your office caught fire as @eko mentioned earlier :face_with_hand_over_mouth: