New implementation of custom reports available

I have something like 30 custom reports of the old typology. I really hope they don’t disappear soon since I would have many problems.

@Davide I suggest you do not upgrade until new framework can support your use-case. Shouldn’t be more than a few days. The latest version is removing obsolete custom reports implementation.

Is possible with new custom report engine to show amount in foreign currencies?

@Drew_Mike it will be possible soon.

How can I go back to an older version?

@rolypark What does old version do new version cannot?

It keeps my Custom Reports!! (I hope now)

Can you re-create your custom reports in new implementation?

Too many of them - and I don’t have the parameters anywhere!

Dear @lubos, do you think it can be possible to add also Account Groups from the Chart of Accounts?

Thanks

@lubos would it be possible expose the
General ledger account → “Profit and Loss Statement Account” → “Group” has “Expense” checked

It would enable identification of all expense or all income accounts in the Profit and Loss Statement.

That capability would not, in general, accomplish what you want. That checkbox only controls whether debit balances are displayed on the P&L as positive numbers or negative numbers. An account in a group without that box checked can still be an expense account. In fact, so-called income and expense accounts are not actually different from one another. They derive their characteristics from whether typical postings are debits or credits. And that is determined from the context of transactions. Change the checkbox and see what happens on your Summary page.

Granted, it might work for your particular chart of accounts. But other users who have their chart of accounts designed differently could be led astray, expecting something different.

It is useful for custom reports to identify possible data entry errors. Such reports display unusual transactions, enabling the user to confirm the entry or change it if required.

I agree such auditing reports are chart of account and typical use dependant, however most user do have common data entry patterns and being able to readily test for unusual entries is helpful.

It is also likely the nested account structure in Manager may make the implementation and interpretation of groups properties more complex than it initially appears.

Hello @lubos

I want to create a report for stock summary of my created invoices by “from” invoice number and “to” invoice number accumolate stock of selected invoices for stock deliver in market.

Can it possible

Thanks

The new custom reports are currently initially displayed in report creation order.
I agree being able to set a functional report order would be useful, preferably using something not displayed on the actual report.

A minor bug with the new Custom reports

“Where…” → “Transaction” → “is” / “is not”

displays duplicate items (I guess 1 per data base entry)
and when later viewing the edit screen shows a UUID instead

If you don’t use reference numbers, there is no way to differentiate between individual transactions so can look like duplicates even though they are not.

1 Like

When choosing search term

When later editing custom report (“Starting Balance” had been selected)

Edit
Tested with Manager v20.6.93

Can you please add Transaction > Typology and Transaction > Number to custom report so that I can group all of them first by Type (Sales Invoice, Purchase Invoice etc etc) and second by their reference number?

Thanks

How can I make a custom report to
show the tracking code of each Inventory Write transaction?

Currently I edit Inventory write-off one by one to verify that the tracking code match the propose entered in description field.