New appimage updates not working

I have not been able to update since 23.9.21.1010 this version works fine.

Lenovo ideacentre 510A-15ABR
Linux Mint 21.2, AMD Proc and video, Kernel 5.15.0-84 (new ones do not work as well)

Am i missing something? Hardware at end of life?

Thanks
Tom

Hardware is not an issue.

Can you try to launch AppImage in terminal? What error do you get?

tom@tom-ideacentre-510A-15ABR ~/Applications $ ./Manager-linux-x64_d40441909bf802537ae8f464cd9edfab.AppImage
23.9.21.1010 loads fine

tom@tom-ideacentre-510A-15ABR ~/Applications $ ./Manager-linux-x64_fd638f9dfa76184c7b313cfbf2c5505d.AppImage

execv error: No such file or directory
New version

Iā€™m not able to reproduce the issue. Iā€™ve downloaded Linux Mint 21.2 (Cinnamon edition) and it works fine out of the box.

1 Like

Still unable to load the newest version 23.11.2.1119. Some how I lost the version that worked 23.7.27.928 and the one I have is 23.7.13.877 and will not load file. States to update but I canā€™t. Any way to get older version?

Thanks

You can get older versions at the Github repository Releases Ā· Manager-io/Manager Ā· GitHub

However, you better figure out why your system is not working because similar to @Lubos I did not find issue with Mint 21.2. The ā€œerrorā€ explains that it can not find ā€œā€¦Manager-linux-x64_fd638f9dfa76184c7b313cfbf2c5505d.AppImageā€¦ā€

However, when you download Manager from Download - Manager.io then the filename correctly is ā€œā€¦Manager-linux-x64.AppImageā€¦ā€ and does NOT include ā€œā€¦d638f9dfa76184c7b313cfbf2c5505dā€¦ā€

So try first to install the proper AppImage by fresh download and move to Applications folder.

I have been able to reproduce the error on Ubuntu 23.10.

• install Ubuntu 23.10
  • install Manager Appimage and run it. ā†’ runs ok
  • do an apt update & apt upgrade
  • run Manager ā†’ ok
  • reboot
  • run Manager ā†’ the error appears.

What happens after an apt update & apt upgrade and a reboot?

I did the same for the latest Ubuntu LTS, then there is no issue.

Regards, Arjen

edit: mixed up my reproduction or after another reboot things started working again. Now I am confusedā€¦

I can confirm having this issue on Tuxedo, which is based on Ubuntu 22.04.

I think this can be related to how the program was packaged for execution.
Iā€™ve found few threads in forums few years ago, but any solution didnā€™t work.

any help, please?

sudo apt remove appimagelauncher

I use Linux Mint and experienced the same issues. Simply removing appimagelauncherd completely resolved it for me.

AppImageLauncher appears to be somewhat unmaintained. I found installing the flatpak ā€œGear leverā€ works so much better, including not having to manually remove previous appimage apps all the time.

Hi Bushido,

Thank you very much for sharing your solution.
I can confirm it worked for me as well - Iā€™ve removed AppImageLauncher and have no problems running any version of Manager.Appimage.

Thanks
S