Negative Unspecified Location

Good morning, I am facing a problem after probably update 20.7.47 or so that now once I create production order in Unspecified location, it is not taken there. I don’t know where it goes. once I transfer from Unspecified to FGS, there it gives negative qty. please see screen shot below and guide me. I have not activated Good Receipt

Your screen shot is not helpful. We don’t know what it is or how it was defined. You did not even tell which inventory item you are concerned about. So it is meaningless for troubleshooting.

Further, all your quantities are negative. So you don’t own any of this stock.

You need to post screen shots of the Edit screen for the production order and of a drill-down on the quantity owned for the finished inventory item.

Since you have been asking so many questions about inventory management, I also suggest you read the three-part Guide on inventory management beginning here: Manage inventory - Part 1 Introduction | Manager.

1 Like

Tut thank u for your reply, sorry to say, your reply indicates to me a bit bossing attitude, may I ask reasons for it. I will ask questions for my issues, so please dont mind, if u feel disturbed please dont answer to my questions, someone else may do it.
Now coming to your queries, I very clearly said all "production orders are stock somewhere other than Unspecified, I just gave example of these few items from inventory location report.

You asked for help understanding behavior of Manager. To explain what is happening, anyone will need to know what you have done and what you are showing to illustrate your problem. I am attempting to obtain that information. You are free to withhold it, if you desire. But you will not be able to get the answers you want.

No, you did not. You said, “…once I create production order in Unspecified location, it is not taken there.” You wrote nothing about production orders being in stock anywhere.

You also wrote, “once I transfer from Unspecified to FGS, there it gives negative qty.” But you showed no inventory item for which the quantity at location FGS is negative.

Claims that problems exist will not get you help. You must clearly explain what you have done and illustrate with relevant screen shots.