Mandatory Field in Customer Detail

This may sound like a roadblock to the flow of work however let me describe the operational issue. In our case all invoices and account information is communicated electronically (emailed). So this requires all customers to have their email field populated in the Manager customer detail. This process is most convenient at the time the customer is setup / created / Updated.
Now the trouble is no matter how we stress this to be the case with the crew there will always be someone who fails to enter the email address data in the customer detail. The next thing you know invoices are generated and these “email less” customers do not get their accounts. The rest speaks for itself.

I would like to suggest that certain fields, like in this case the email field to be mandatory and must be populated or have the ability to enable / disable enforcement on a field.

1. If email field is empty / blank it would prevent the customer record from being created until some information is entered into the field.
  2. If no email is available for the customer the crew will need to enter for example “No Email” in the email field to complete the customer record Creation / Update.
  3. If introduced the option should be there to turn the feature off or on

This thinking could possibly be applied to other “important areas” such as suppliers?

Thoughts …?

This is already in ideas, and has been for almost two years: Option to make some fields mandatory for data integrity. I am closing the topic.