Manager on Linux shared hosting

Can I install and run Manager Accounting on Linux shared hosting?

Shared hosting is not supported. Only VPS. You can get VPS from $5/month (see DigitalOcean.com) which is roughly the price of shared hosting anyway.

Thanks…

sorry, i didn’t spend enough of time reading the forum, but have a small tuto to do on digital ocean vps ?. thank you a lot

Yes, there is a tutorial for Digital Ocean.

See: Server Edition | Manager

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible to route manager exe to another port than 80? Have vps with others app running on 80 port.

Just change the -port 80 parameter to something else like -port 8080 when launching the server.

Setup droplet at digital ocean as indicated in the link above but encountered many errors during manager install process

command: apt-get install mono-complete

Err mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main libpixman-1-0 i386 0.30.2-1ubuntu0.0.0.0.1
  404  Not Found [IP: 198.199.99.226 80]
Err mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/ main libxfixes3 i386 1:5.0-4ubuntu4.2
Err mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main libxi6 i386 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1~precise1
Failed to fetch mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/pool/ main/p/pixman/libpixman-1-0_0.30.2-1ubuntu0.0.0.0.1_i386.deb
Failed to fetch mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libx/libxfixes/libxfixes3_5.0-4ubuntu4.2_i386.deb  404
Not Found [IP: 198.199.99.226 80]
Failed to fetch mirrors.digitalocean.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libx/libxi/libxi6_1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1~precise1_i386.deb
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

The install can not continue properly, any idea or fix?

This seems to be an issue with Digital Ocean mirror servers. Try again, they probably had some technical issue.

Thank you, working smoothl now, and i’m explorng your fantastic app,

by the way, to make new templates as i’m not skilled enough to do that with hands, so any application that could plays with default one ?. second question : is the accounting plan is compatible the french one ?. How we can paste a smplified plan as my business is very small ??.

great app and greta support !

I played a lot with Manager and really like it.

Some missing things for me before starting using it as we look for a self hosted solution

1. Can us customize the chart accounts to the french one to feet our need ?. May us import a whole customizable one ?
  2. by playing with invoice template, can us have this one : Screenshot by Lightshot we are not experienced enough to code this, but may use html application as dreamweaver ?
  3. Is there any way when sending invoices to customers to track if they read them or not yet ? Could us include inline link to see to invoice, and add pdf file to the email ??
  4. we plan to install manager on voip (with pbxinaflash) vps server at digital ocean (40 go, 2Go Ram), should this option working with problem with pbxinaflash?

Thank for helping us to start as soon, thank for any idea !

1. Yes, you can rename any account in Chart of accounts or add new accounts. If you are French, consider switching Manager to French language and fix any translation errors you discover.
  2. Yes, you can modify HTML to make Manager generate invoice with this look but if you don’t know HTML, you will need someone to do it for you. We don’t offer these services. There are literally millions of people with HTML knowledge so it’s easy to find someone.
  3. Yes, Manager has this feature. Every sent email from Manager will be logged under Emails tab. If you send invoice with “online attachment”, then you can track whether and when your clients have opened your attachments.
  4. I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do it.
  1. I switched to french, the interface is in french, but not chart accounts? Should I modify all labels to French?
  2. instead looking for skilled person, could we try to build our template via Dreamweaver or any other online application?
  3. Why we could not check directly in invoices list whether an invoice has been seen or not yet via a small icon? It would be faster, no?
  1. Yes, you can rename accounts in Chart of accounts as it suits you
  2. If you don’t know HTML, you wouldn’t know where to start. Tools are not going to make it easier.
  3. I could implement this in future but right now you have to go to Emails tab.