Manager asking for NewVersionRequired

Hello,
I am using Manager Desktop V 21.2.25 on Mac Book Pro with OS Catalina 10.15.7 which is update as of today. I keep getting this error message below, and have to re-install manager every time I start the application, this is strange it was working perfectly few days back since then I have not installed any software or update any on my mac.

Any ides as to the cause of this problem?

Apart from the fact that your are using a version of manager that is well over 100 versions behind.

The business file you are trying to access has been opened by a later version of Manager and was updated to this later version. You need to upgrade to at least this later version, whatever it was.

Where did the business file come from?
Where did the Manager install come from?

The Manager version is 21.5.25 which i read it as 21 = 2021: 5 = May ( 5th Month of the year) 25 being the patch number 25 in the month,
sorry its not over 100 versions behind. I download directly from WWW.Manager.io

In your first post, you said 21.2.25 and your screen shot confirms that is the version

I suspect you have not installed the latest version correctly and have reverted to a previous version

@Pendu the screenshot you provided and the text show v21.2.25, not 21.5.25. Can you please check your screen again to be sure that you actually started the right version? You have to drag and drop the downloaded application to the applications folder. It may be possible that you have multiple Manager applications in that folder as macOS allows that, if you for example decided not to overwrite an old version. By the way, the most recent version (just checked now) is v21.5.32.

Thanks Eko. Must have reinstalled an older version. Have installed today version 21.5.32, seems to be working fine now.
appreciate it