MAC PDF and eMail errors

Hi I have tried to send an email invoice/receipt but it comes up with the following error.
DocumentSaveException: Exception of type ‘Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException’ was thrown.
I am using MAC Version 16.11.88 on Mac OSX 10.11.6
I click on Sales Invoice/View/Email/Send.
The error appears in RED just below the Message Content Box. and above the Cancel/Send Buttons.

If I click on PDF instead of Email I get this

DocumentSaveException: Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException: Exception of type 'Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException' was thrown.
  at Apitron.PDF.Kit.FlowDocument.Write (System.IO.Stream outputStream, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.Resources.ResourceManager resourceManager, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.PageProperties.PageBoundary boundary, Apitron.PDF.Kit.PdfStandard pdfStandard) [0x0009e] in <2e1d1bc3883b45a4a5e0051675a461b8>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ConvertHtmlToPdf (System.String input, System.IO.Stream output, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.PageProperties.PageBoundary pageBoundary) [0x005d1] in <1b79c47642b74a279097cc7c69d82f7b>:0 
  at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Pdf.Post () [0x0015b] in <1b79c47642b74a279097cc7c69d82f7b>:0

There have been a number of updates to the program since your version. Can you please update to the latest version and try again.

Yes I will now.
I only downloaded it last week.
Odd.
I thought I would have had the latest.

Yes development is fast… I’m on 16.11.93 and there have been a number since then
Latest version is 16.12.0 https://mngr.s3.amazonaws.com/version.txt

Ok I just downloaded it and replaced the .APP file in the Applications Folder.
Then run it and did the above for the eMail.
got
DocumentSaveException: Exception of type ‘Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException’ was thrown.

clicked on PDF got

DocumentSaveException: Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException: Exception of type 'Apitron.PDF.Kit.ErrorHandling.DocumentSaveException' was thrown.
  at Apitron.PDF.Kit.FlowDocument.Write (System.IO.Stream outputStream, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.Resources.ResourceManager resourceManager, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.PageProperties.PageBoundary boundary, Apitron.PDF.Kit.PdfStandard pdfStandard) [0x0009e] in <2e1d1bc3883b45a4a5e0051675a461b8>:0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.ConvertHtmlToPdf (System.String input, System.IO.Stream output, Apitron.PDF.Kit.FixedLayout.PageProperties.PageBoundary pageBoundary) [0x005d1] in <a1493b181c9a408b860ad3de01a4317c>:0 
  at ManagerServer.HttpHandlers.Pdf.Post () [0x0015b] in <a1493b181c9a408b860ad3de01a4317c>:0 

sorry

Just to make sure I quit again and redid it.
Same error.
I tried on an unpaid invoice and the same.

@MVE, it’s not completely clear what you might have meant when you said you “replaced the .APP file in the Applications Folder.” I’m casting no aspersions on your computer skills, but people on the forum say all kinds of imprecise things, so one never knows. You shouldn’t be “replacing” anything, as in getting rid of one thing and substituting another.

Try an update following the instructions in this guide exactly:

https://forum.manager.io/t/installing-or-updating-desktop-edition-on-macos/7116

Don’t uninstall anything first. Of course, if you already did exactly that and are up to v16.12.0, no need to do it again. Some Mac users are experiencing this problem, but most have been cured by an update.

By the way, Manager is frequently updated several times per day. Of course, most updates are not noticeable to most users. Only major functional changes are announced.

Thats what I meant by .app
I dragged over the new version and Replaced the existing version. As per the instructions I followed them, but the problem is still there.
It says I am using 16.12.0
Thanks

is there some other PDF software you are using in the background? do I need to update another component etc? Or are you just using the Apple API for PDF?
I checked Adobe and I am using Build: 15.20.20042.205528 of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the Latest Update)
Thanks

I’m no expert on PDF generation, but the major update to Manager during November has been to introduce a completely internal PDF generator. This was to move away from relying on an external, third-party generator and make the program self-contained.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but try making Preview your default PDF viewer. That’s what I use and have never had a problem. (I doubt this will have any effect, but it’s easy enough to try.)

You might also try printing with the Print button and selecting the built-in Apple PDF “printer” just to see what happens. That doesn’t produce any problems for me, either, although forms render slightly differently. (I think that has more to do with the printer driver, though, as the major difference is in margins.)

I changed the default to Preview and restarted the program.
Didn’t help with PDF creation or eMail… same errors still
If I use print and then select PDF save to file or PDF open in Preview then it is all ok.
What version off OSX are you running?

macOS v10.12.1. But this problem started being reported before 10.12 was released. My sense is that it is somehow related to the switch to internal PDF generation in Manager. But it only happens to a few Mac users. Your last post suggests there is a temporary workaround, but obviously, that is not satisfactory in the long run.

@MVE, any chance you could send me your accounting file where you get this error to lubos@manager.io ?

There are certain characters which will cause PDF generator to crash on Mac OS X. I hope to have it resolved sometime next month. For the time being, I’m making Manager aware of these characters so it is using an alternative one (e.g. € symbol will be shown as literal “EUR”)

done thanks