Length of password in email set up

My email provider requires a 16 character password and Manager seems to truncate this to * characters, any solution?

Have you actually entered your longer password?

Hi Tut

Yes a number of times and tried two passwords. They enter OK but as soon as I press update the 16 characters appear to shorten to eight stars.

But did you then update your settings and send a test email? The asterisks (********) are placeholders. If, for example, you enter a 4-character password, it also shows as 8 asterisks.

Updated after every password entry, tested after update and get this message:

“The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Authentication required”.

That could be the result of other issues. Have you read this Guide and followed links in it, if applicable: Email transactions and reports | Manager. If problems persist, please follow instructions here: Troubleshoot email issues | Manager.

Note, I am not saying there is no problem. But no one else has ever complained about long passwords not being accepted. Among thousands of users, there must be many with lengthy passwords. Authentication problems are almost always signs of incompatibility with your host.