Journal entry "Out of balance" bug

The journal entry edit screen “Out of balance” calculation is adding Debit to Credit not subtracting.

Tested with
Manager v21.3.47
Webview2 installed (haven’t checked the version)
Window 64 bit desktop
Windows 7 64 bit professional

I even don’t know much about this journal entry. But I want to know more about it. Thanks!

Server version Manager v21.3.47 works ok see screenshot below.

I cannot reproduce this with v21.3.47 on a Mac:

Error on Windows 10 64-bit, version 21.3.47

Moved the topic to bugs.

I’m not able to reproduce the issue but could you please upgrade to version 21.3.48 to see if the problem still persists?

Still there :frowning:
The Audit & Accounting fee is an expense account
The Accruals is a Liability account, in case that helps diagnosis

Same problem with v21.3.49
Tried

• Creating a new business → same issue
  • Changing number format → same issue
  • Different browser (open in new window → Firefox) → same issue
  • Updated WebView2 to x64 v89.0.774.54 → same issue
  • Running Manager server v21.3.49 in a local users directory from a command prompt, accessing at http://127.0.0.1:8080 → Same issue
  • Running Manager server v21.3.49 in a public directory from an elevated command prompt, accessing at http://127.0.0.1:8080 → Same issue
  • .Net Framework v4.7.2 currently installed
  • running ManagerServer.exe in the desktop install (from a command prompt after cd to managers directory) gives and error
It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
The framework 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.App', version '5.0.0' was not found.
  - No frameworks were found.

You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or SDK.

The specified framework can be found at:
  - https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.AspNetCore.App&fram
ework_version=5.0.0&arch=x64&rid=win7-x64

What are the dependencies for Manager desktop on Windows?

• .Net version?
  • webview2 version

trying to help out here, can any of you those that have and don’t have the issue listed down their .net version?

This is to narrow down possibilities of depedency based on @Patch Journal entry "Out of balance" bug - #10 by Patch findings.

Read the part “Use Registry Editor” in Bolded Text.

The error itself already indicate that version 5.0 .net framework required to run managerserver.exe, unless otherwise, I may be wrong it can still run on old version of .net minimally with 4.7.2 version.

I honestly do not see what the .NET framework has to do with this bug but then it’s been a long, long time since I coded anything using .NET

My phylosophy is when error hinting a solution of installing the correct version. I just do that. to find out. Which I did giving advice regarding linux weblibgtk package before in this forum. I’m not a coder like yourself @Joe91 . I’m just a savvy user trying to solve PIA issues so I can move on do my life work and enjoy what the program offers.

@acecombat2 Manager has no dependency on .NET framework anymore so this wouldn’t be an issue.

Persists in Manager v21.3.50

Journal entry summary screen remains OK
Journal Entry list OK

I wonder if calculation on payslip edit screen has a similar problem Bug on Edit screen of payslips - #55 by aymnak

No issues with the Manager v21.3.50 Server and Mac desktop versions. I do not have Linux nor Cloud nor Windows. From your post, it seems something is persistently off in the Windows version.

@Patch could you sign up for cloud edition free trial and see if you can reproduce the issue there? So far, I’m not able to reproduce this on Windows.

Confirmed by loading current “.Net framework” roll up so installing 4.8 → Same issue including Payslip edit screen calculation zero amount.

Edit
Actually the above procedure did not install .Net 4.8. However installing the optional Windows update to install .Net 4.8 did achieve the installation however still did not change Managers edit screen errors

I had assumed that would work as it has only been reported on windows machines and is trivial to reproduce. In it’s simplest & cleanest form

• Start a new business
  • Create a new journal entry
  • enter equal amount in credit and debit

@Patch what web-browser and the exact version of web-browser are you using to reproduce this?

Both

• Manger Windows x64 Desktop v21.3.51
  • Microsoft webview2 x64 v89.0.774.54 → Journal entry & payslip edit screen calculation errors
  • Open in new window (ie Desktop server & different browser) Firefox x64 v86.0.1 → Journal entry & payslip edit screen calculation errors

And

• Manager server Windows x64 v21.3.51 zip file contents copied to a public directory, open ManagerServer.exe as an administrator or normal user
  • Access via Firefoxx64 v86.0.1 → Journal entry & payslip edit screen calculation errors

Btw
I do not allow programs to write home unless I understand how doing so helps me. I run ESET Internet security v14.0.22.0 Download ESET Internet Security | ESET configured with manual firewall rules which alerts me whenever a program tries to use the internet. Webview2 is blocked. Manager server does not try to access the internet when run unless a specific task require access eg email. So I don’t think this would make any difference to the Manager server testing.

Edit
Also reported with