Items blank doesn't appear in sales invoice

Hello guys,

as it shown i don’t know why items blank doesn’t appear only description look for the attachment

i want them looks like the same as in them view

A basic principle of Manager is that empty fields and columns do not show. So if you have not included any defined inventory or non-inventory items on a sales invoice, the column will not appear. The same is true of reference numbers, order and quote numbers, summary descriptions, item codes, quantities, discounts, tax codes, applied credits, and custom fields.

The preview images for themes are only representative. No transaction form of any type actually has the elements shown in a preview, and those that do show are not in an order that matches any transaction. This is because themes control all transaction forms, plus customer and supplier statements, not just sales invoices.

thanks Tut for replaying but the items blank isn’t empty they are written look for the attachment

You have several things at work here. And my first response was limited, because I had no idea the line items on your sales invoice were inventory items. They should not be. Despite your attempts to obscure them, some are readable. None of them are goods. Inventory items must be physical goods held for sale or production. See this Guide: Manager Cloud.

If you provide certain services frequently, those can be defined under Settings as non-inventory items. See this Guide: Manager Cloud.

Regardless of which type of item you use, however, the Item field is only a way to look it up. The names should be short so they can be used in various reports. But the name only appears on a transaction form if you have no description for the item. Your Web Pages item is like that. The others are not.

In your original post, I thought you were referring to an Item code, which will show as a column if any of your items have one. Yours do not, so that column does not appear.

To get back on track, you need to stop treating services as inventory items. This will cause major errors in your accounting system.

thanks for clearing information for me, okay i will make them non-inventory items but still there isn’t name of the items shown

i just want them appear like this example, item > description > price > discount > total

how i can do that please ?

As I already said, item names are only a search tool. They do not appear on forms unless there is no description. Then, they are substituted for the description. And the preview of the theme does not represent how any specific form will look nor what its content will be. For example, notice that in the preview, Unit price is listed before Qty. And the final column is labelled Total. On actual sales invoices, quantity comes before unit price, and the final column is labelled Amount. Column widths also do not match various forms.

You are apparently using a custom theme. When you do that, all responsibility for coding is your own.

okay thank you so much i can deal with that not problem

if you want the product or service name for inventory or non-inventory items to appear on the documents, you can enter it in the Item Code field instead of the Item Name when creating the products.

oh that’s is pretty nice it’s really works but one thing more can i change the item code to appear as item only ?
but thanks so much it’s good idea

this would require a custom theme but that will complicate things. if you have the necessary programming skills you can do it yourself else be happy with whats already available. :wink:

hahaha yeah i can see, i don’t have programming skills unfortunately haha so i am happy so far, i just think they have to make it available in next update because it think it’s necessary somehow, where i can suggest such service to make it available by the way ?

You already have. However, do not expect such a change. Item name and Item code serve two different purposes in the program. If you were to create a custom theme substituting one for the other, it would affect all transaction forms, not just sales invoices. The consequences would go far beyond changing the appearance of one type of document.

okay that’s great, i hope it can be available in the near future because really it’s something important for me and thanks for all your effort really i appreciate it so much <3

i am not programming and i won’t change anything haha but yes i know it won’t give same thing
so i will be waiting for your updates to give this option