Issue with the batch create option

I’m trying to move my customer’s list to another business. I select the “Export” option, then I select everything and click copy. Next, I go to another business and click “Batch Create” and paste the data I copied in the Export section. But the thing here is that, there are some sections that doesn’t fill. For example, in one business I have a customer filled with Name, Billing Adress, A custom section named “Phone”. But when I copy his info into the other business, It just copies the “Name Section”. What about the Billing Adress, Phone Section. Am I doing something wrong?

Can I suggest that when doing the Export, paste into a spreadsheet programme first.
Validate the date and then Batch Create. Never done a copy / paste between businesses.

1 Like

Exporting is different from batch operations. Exporting only exports what you see on the screen (plus further entries of the same information if the list extends to multiple pages). Batch operations deal with database fields, of which there are many you never see on a display screen. So there is no reason to expect an export file will work in Batch Create.

The way to do what you want is to use Batch Update. Copy and paste that data into a spreadsheet. Then adjust the spreadsheet as necessary to match the format of the Batch Create entry. Most notably, this will involve getting rid of keys. You also must be certain all custom fields match identically between the two businesses.

Ok, thanks for answering @Tut. The name and the billing adress worked. But my custom field named “Phone” did’t work. I changed the name to match exactly between the business and in my spreadsheet, but nothing happened. In the business I’m copying the data I have my custom field named “Phone”. And where I’m trying to paste the info it is in Spanish (Telefono). So I change the “Phone word” for “Telefono” in the spreadsheet. Was that correct?

I don’t know. Please understand how difficult it is to diagnose problems without being part of the process. You are trying something I’ve never done.

Ok, no problem. Thanks for helping me

is it not possible to first create all the import operations first and then changing the language?
this is just an idea and i am not sure of the results.

Let me change everything to English, and I’ll try it again. Thanks

1 Like