Is the report "Concept BTW Aangifte" broken?

On Manager for Mac v22.1.99 I get this Concept BTW Aangifte report:

I think fields are missing, shouldn’t there be a 2nd column for rows 4a and 4b?

Oh and I also cannot create a new report. I can (as I did above) create a clone.

When i click on New Report of Concept BTW Aangifte, I get to see this:
Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 17.14.04
The accounting method has disappeared…
I ran sqlite3 to fix the database, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
Is it a weird character (imported through a bank statement via a description) that could be causing this?

Which version of Manager? Also note that especially localizations are currently the focus of the developer and change with every version so regular updating is a must or waiting until the developer has completed implementation.

Latest version 22.1.99
When I open a backup from last year I have no problem.

With an old backup it seems to work: I can create a new report, but when I make a backup and then import the backup, then I get the same error.
However, when I create a new company then there’s no problem, neither with backup and import.
It seems something goes wrong with updating. Even when I strip everything (all bank statements, invoices, etc) then I still get the same behaviour.
@lubos perhaps a bug?

I am using Cloud version 22.3.1.
Hopefully @eko is right and @lubos is making adjustments.
Indeed, fields are missing (4a and 4b [Omzetbelasting]) and new reports cannot be created.

Could you please check the latest version (22.3.2)

As for missing fields in 4a and 4b.

Here is the screenshot of report transformation:

My understanding is that the fields are meant to be empty because those are reverse charged tax amounts so the net tax amount is zero - thus nothing is shown.

Maybe I got it wrong though.

v22.3.2 works, I can create new reports. Thanks :+1:

Regarding the missing fields, you are correct that these are reverse charged tax amounts.
However, for the Dutch vat return, we still need to enter those amounts on their form.

There’s no Report transformation in settings when importing a business file from an older windows desktop version (20.8.67 in this case) into v22.3.2 (server version).

Indeed.
Official link Tax autorities regarding 4a (could not find the English translation):

Translated text:
If you purchase services from a non-EU country, the VAT is usually shifted to you. You declare these services in your VAT return under section 4a. If you are entitled to a deduction, you also report the VAT as input tax. On balance, you then pay nothing.

Regarding 4b:

Translated text:
Does an entrepreneur from another EU country carry out work for you? Or have you had goods from other EU countries delivered in the Netherlands? Then in most cases you will receive an invoice with 0% VAT or with ‘reverse charge’ VAT. You must calculate the VAT due yourself and report it in your VAT return.

Calculate the VAT yourself
You state the total amount of goods and services supplied in your VAT return. You do this under section 4b. You calculate the VAT you have to pay in the Netherlands yourself. Check which rate applies. You can deduct the VAT in your VAT return as input tax, insofar as you use the goods or services for taxable turnover. You do this under section 5b. On balance, you then pay nothing.

In short, please make the fields at 4a and 4b visible again. When filing the final VAT return, this could draw the user’s attention to the fact that the user himself is responsible for filling in fields 4a and 4b in the column [Turnover tax] if the administration program has generated amounts in the column [Amount on which turnover tax is calculated].
In the final VAT return, the user must again deduct the amounts entered in 4a and 4b in field 5b.
Slogan of the Dutch Tax Authorities:
We can’t make it more fun, but we can make it easier. :rofl:

Both 4a and 4b tax amounts are to be included in 5a and 5b which means the balance 5c remains the same. Correct?

Yes, you are correct.

I concur, yes.

@Lubos, can you please fix this issue? It is time to fill in our quarterly VAT forms.

Additional error: Billable Expense of say 100 euros with ‘VAT 21% non-EU’ should report in 4a, but when this expense is billed with VAT 21% (my local VAT to a local customer) it is registered in 3a. That is not the case. I did not sell it to a foreign customer. It should stay in 4a (and my local VAT from the sales invoice to 1a). I will now manually correct it, but in future it would be nice to have it fixed.

The latest version (22.3.3) is improving the report to account for reverse charged tax codes.

@lubos I can’t speak for @IntoTheMirror but for me it works fine now.

Thank you for your swift response! The 4a and 4b are working correctly! Let’s make the tax authority happy…

:+1: looks good to me.