• BTW 6% EU
  • BTW 6% non-EU
  • BTW 6% verlegd
  • BTW 9%
  • BTW 9% EU
  • BTW 9% non-EU
  • BTW 9% verlegd
  • BTW privégebruik

To make Manager stop guessing whether tax amount relates to sale or purchase and to better match what is actually needed for Concept BTW Aangifte report. I propose the following tax codes:

For section 1, we require these tax codes:

• BTW 21% on sales
  • BTW 9% on sales
  • BTW 6% on sales
  • BTW 0% 6% 9% 21% verlegd on sales (we don’t need separate tax code for each rate here)
  • BTW 0% vrijgesteld on sales
  • BTW privégebruik

For section 2, we require these tax codes:

• BTW 0% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 6% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 9% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 21% verlegd on purchases

For section 3, we require these tax codes:

• BTW 0% 6% 9% 21% EU sales (we don’t need separate tax code for each rate here)
  • BTW 0% 6% 9% 21% non-EU sales (we don’t need separate tax code for each rate here)

For section 4, we require these tax codes:

• BTW 0% EU on purchases
  • BTW 6% EU on purchases
  • BTW 9% EU on purchases
  • BTW 21% EU on purchases
  • BTW 0% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 6% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 9% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 21% non-EU on purchases

For section 5, we require these tax codes:

• BTW 21% on purchases
  • BTW 9% on purchases
  • BTW 6% on purchases

There is one tax codes which I don’t see anywhere on Concept BTW Aangifte report to fit…

• BTW 0% vrijgesteld on purchases

Also, on sales and on purchases suffix will need get translated. I don’t know what would be appropriate translation.

Hi Lubos,

I just read this topic. I’ll come back to you in very due course with the required information.

I think that this is clear example of why the actual tax module doesn’t work.

Instead of 5 tax codes and 4 tax ledgers you have 17 tax codes.

Think if we have to split taxes between payable and receivable… you will have 34 codes!

1 Like

Hi Lubos,

Here is my comment/information you need:

On sales = Verkoop
On purchaes = Inkoop

For section 1: Okay, but what do you mean with “BTW 0% 6% 9% 21% verlegd on sales (we don’t need separate tax code for each rate here)”

Section 2 Okay

Section 3 No seperate codes are required. Codenames could be for 3a: BTW 0% Export EU and for 3b: BTW 0% Export Non-EU

Section 4:Okay with the remark that VAT 6% is since 1-1-2019 no longer in use

Section 5 Okay with the remark that the values calculated with the taxcodes in section 4 must be added to 5b. If you need an explication for this please let me know.

There is simply no tax code BTW 0% vrijgesteld on purchases. This one doesn’t exist.

I hope to have helped you with this.

Kind regards,

Hennie.

@Davide,

Sorry, but I don’t think your reply doesn’t help Lubos very much in solving the problem. See my post above which gives him the required feedback

As far as I can see, the report requires only total amount for all these rates. Thus one tax code.

Again, as far as I can see, not necessary to have separate tax codes as report requires total amount for all the rates. And technically tax rate for all those tax codes is 0%.

Are all BTW 6% tax rates obsolete across all sections?

For line 1e only sales value is required on the VAT-form. Tax code BTW 0%

For section 3: all export invoice are charged with 0% VAT which should be printed on the invoice. Therefor the two codes I mentioned will do.

VAT code 6% is obsolete for all sections since 1-1-2019, but I don’t know if you still need these codes for backward compatibility reasons.

Didn’t want to be unpolite. I’m not under BTW.

I was just stating, as part of the big discussion that is going on in the forum, that not having tax ledgers is making everything very complicated and error prone.

You are right. I can see it now.

• BTW 0% 6% 9% 21% verlegd on sales (we don’t need separate tax code for each rate here)
  • BTW 0% vrijgesteld on sales

Can be simplified to just BTW 0% on sales

OK, then we agree. I misread your previous comment.

So the list of tax codes should be therefore:

• BTW 21% on sales
  • BTW 9% on sales
  • BTW 0% on sales
  • BTW privégebruik
  • BTW 0% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 9% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 21% verlegd on purchases
  • BTW 0% EU sales
  • BTW 0% non-EU sales
  • BTW 0% EU on purchases
  • BTW 9% EU on purchases
  • BTW 21% EU on purchases
  • BTW 0% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 9% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 21% non-EU on purchases
  • BTW 21% on purchases
  • BTW 9% on purchases

Obviously they will need to be in Dutch but this covers the report completely.

Very good.
In Ireland we would need something similar except that we have more VAT rates 23%, 13.5%, 9%, 4.8%, 5.4% and 0%
and we need to report on purchases for resale separately to purchases not for resale along with the EU non-EU split for imports & exports

Choosing the correct VAT tax code is not a task for the faint-hearted
Admittedly, few if any businesses would use all of these rates but they would all be required to be comprehensive

In Italy we have four IVA rates: 22% 10% 5% 4% with permutation on sales and purchases with permutation for IT, EU and non EU with permutation for tax recoverable and not recoverable. Than we have 0% with a mess of code and subcodes to justify the tax exemption or exclusion.

Hi Lubos,

I agree with the codes and I give you below the proper translation:

• BTW 21% on sales = BTW 21% Verkoop
  • BTW 9% on sales = BTW 9% Verkoop
  • BTW 0% on sales = BTW 0% Verkoop
  • BTW privégebruik = BTW privégebruik
  • BTW 0% verlegd on purchases = BTW 0% verlegd Inkoop
  • BTW 9% verlegd on purchases = BTW 9% verlegd Inkoop
  • BTW 21% verlegd on purchases = BTW 21% verlegd Inkoop
  • BTW 0% EU sales = BTW 0% EU Export
  • BTW 0% non-EU sales = BTW 0% non-EU Export
  • BTW 0% EU on purchases = BTW 0% EU Import
  • BTW 9% EU on purchases = BTW 9% EU Import
  • BTW 21% EU on purchases = BTW 21% EU Import
  • BTW 0% non-EU on purchases = BTW 0% non-EU Import
  • BTW 9% non-EU on purchases = BTW 9% non-EU Import
  • BTW 21% non-EU on purchases = BTW 21% non-EU Import
  • BTW 21% on purchases = BTW 21% Inkoop
  • BTW 9% on purchases = BTW 9% Inkoop

@Hennie thanks. I wonder why the report does not ask for your BTW 0% purchases. Is that correct or am I missing something?

On line 5b you report only the recoverable VAT. The purchase value is not requested. I know ohter countries would like to know the purchase values as well but niot the Dutch tax-administration.
So you’re not missing something.

The latest version (20.8.70) includes two Concept BTW Aangifte reports.

The “new” one comes with new set of tax codes. I just want to make sure the new one is correct before writing upgrade script to move everyone in Netherlands from “old” to “new”.

To test this, I recommend to import this new report into empty business and create transactions for each tax code and check whether amounts are put correctly into the “Concept BTW Aangifte” report.

1 Like

Dear Lubos,

I will take care of this and let you know the results

Kind regards,

Hennie.

Dear Dutch users:
As I wrote before, I’ll tke care of testing the new Concept BTW Aangifte Report.
I have finalized testing and have send my results in a private message to @Lubos.

Kind regards,

Hennie…

Great :+1:. Good to know people with knowledge are persistently looking for a working solution!

The latest version (20.8.73) makes figures on new Concept BTW Aaangifte report clickable.

This will make it easy to see general ledger behind the figures.

Nothing is clickable here and the experimental is only showing zero’s (version 20.8.80)