Invoice "Paid in Full" if no customer is assigned to invoice

Hi there!

If I click Sales Invoice>New Sales Invoice, and do NOT attach a customer to the invoice, it automatically marks the invoice as paid. If I attach a customer it works as expected, and does not mark as paid until I run a receipt and collect payment. Manager Version 21.3.37

I believe this to be a bug? See screenshots below.

I can replicate this also in server v21.3.36

The invoice is posted to Suspense, indicating a mistake waiting to be corrected. You will notice that the income is not posted to the designated income account. Nor does it appear in Accounts receivable. In effect, it represents a debt owed to your business by no one, and since no one does not exist, no one’s debt is fully paid.

In other words, this is not a bug. It is a user error to create a sales invoice with no customer, because such a thing cannot exist. But rather than throw it away, as many programs would do, Manager puts it into Suspense awaiting your correction.

1 Like

I concede the point. Thanks for your time.

Wait a minute. I agree that it should be put in a suspense account. However, the question is why it would be labeled a “PAID IN FULL”. There has not yet been any evidence of a payment made against it which would then classify it as such. When putting a 7 days payment grace period (see image below) it should not put anything, just move it to the suspense account. I hope that @lubos will review this as it is not right. I understand that you are not the programmer and explain what happens with such invoices, but as another user, I disagree with labeling it as PAID in FULL as mentioned.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.33.23