Creating Sales Invoice Without selecting any customer

Earlier on desktop edition, I wasn’t able to create sales invoices with selecting the customer first from the customer list, but now after moving to the cloud edition, sales invoices can be entered without selecting any customer. Why this has been changed, it increases the chances for error. And i noticed one more thing. When i create a sales invoice without selecting any customer, it appears ‘PAID IN FULL’ without making any difference to cash or bank accounts

I can replicate this ver 23.5.6.820 - desktop and server.
Puts it into suspense account though.
Once it is edited and a customer is added it goes into accounts receivable.

1 Like

Yes i noticed it moved such entries in suspense account.

Which is clearly where they belong - until corrected

1 Like

That part of your statement is true, but for the rest of your post I believe you are interpreting behavior incorrectly. What you described in the cloud edition is definitely not new, but has been that way for as long as I can remember. There are two factors involved here:

• The first is that customers are subsidiary ledgers of Accounts receivable. The Customers tab only lists the customers and the balances of their subaccounts. You have never been able to create a sales invoice from the Customers tab. And you cannot now, on any edition of Manager. You can only create new customers, not transactions of any type.

• The second is that while creating a sales invoice, if there is no customer, there can be no debit to any subaccount in Accounts receivable for that sales invoice. Since no subaccount is in debit, everything must, by definition, be paid in full. So that is Manager’s way of dealing with an incomplete transaction, along with placing it into Suspense. The alternative would be to delete everything you have entered, which could be very frustrating and waste a great deal of effort. Suspense is a temporary storage place for incomplete or incorrect transactions while the program waits for your correction. Obviously, a sales invoice without a customer is a mistake.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Yes now i understand that such transactions are moved to the suspense so that we can make corrections in the future. Thanks again. It’s all clear