Invoice does not come out same in PDF

thank you so much how do I email you

Please donā€™t take this as a personal criticism. But perhaps you are too fixated on on making an accounting program into a graphic arts engine. The developer is not focused on accommodating usersā€™ desires for glitzy documents, but on building a useful accounting tool that can be modestly customized with built-in features.

Youā€™ve posted a lot over the months about your desire to have your background image. Maybe you should print up some blank sheets with that image and use them when you print customer documents. You should also realize that what you see on screen and in PDFs with your software and computer may look entirely different after it has been emailed to someone else with a different setup. After all, major companies canā€™t produce web sites that render uniformly across browsers despite all the standards out there. And different PDF viewers render the same file differently, even on the same machine.

I have just send you a message. Click on your profile to find it.

Not fixated ,yes I have posted a bit about it because I did not understand.and I never believed it was mangers job to produce my ā€œglitzyā€ document I was asking for help from any of the users on here that might know where I had gone wrong I was not asking for the developers help I would not expect them to .
All my accounts are presented as bound copies so I donā€™t email to anybody.What I struggle with is I code access databases and excel to do anything I want and build them for other companies and I say its only code so I assumed that html is only code so why can I not get it to do as I want.
any way this background image is only for my invoice to the client which I print out and give them

I think manager is great I am certified in a few accounting packages but always use manager and get my clients to use it whenever I can

Then why not take up the suggestion ā€œpre-print some blank sheets with that background image and then use them when you print your customer documentsā€.

Doing this, even if you get the image right now, will avoid you having any potential conflicts with future Manager changes.

Hopefully ries can workout where I have gone wrong if not I will do as suggested.
I was obviously under the wrong impression with the themes thinking I could code them to what ever I wanted actually I got all excited. I knew I did not want to change anything else in manager. I guess I am a control freak and have to push the limits and see what I can do Ha ha
I have been suitably chastised and bought back down to earth ha ha

1 Like

When you build spreadsheets and databases, you arenā€™t writing code, you are providing inputs that are manipulated by someone elseā€™s code. And if youā€™re experienced in that arena, you know that a spreadsheet created in Windows wonā€™t always produce the same results in macOS. And seldom do they print exactly as they appear on screen.

While HTML may be ā€œonly codeā€ there are many implementations of it, such that web pages look different depending on browsers. And besides, Managerā€™s themes are written in Liquid. While Liquid code may look much like HTML, it isnā€™t the same.

Time to go to Puhoi and take in a relaxer.

When you build spreadsheets and databases, you arenā€™t writing code, you are providing inputs that are manipulated by someone elseā€™s code

Sorry I go to developer vba and write the code to make things happen for the end user.
or I will write in note pad turn it into a desktop shortcut to make things happen in access or excel or word or outlook

Yep lol
its got way off topic

Not to pick a fight, but you didnā€™t develop VBA or Note Pad. Those are othersā€™ programs, too. My point is only that there are many, many layers between what you see on screen and what comes out of your printerā€¦or PDFā€¦or email. And Managerā€™s developer is not responsible for or focused on those.

Found the solution, please see message I have sent you.

Solution was to adjust the width of the picture. Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

@Wornout

i had already given out the solution few days back.

Solved thank you ries.
I did listen to everyone that said change the image size but I did not understand what they were really saying.
I was trying to change the size of the logo in the code ie background-size:99% 100%;{% endif %}">. and could not get it to work. I did not realize that I had to change the size of the logo before I uploaded it.

Its working perfectly now