Inventory Quantity by Location showing only outflows

But see below

The report must show inflows and give a positive balance of 117 in Makola Shop POS Location.

Am I missing something?

Version: 23.11.26.1171

Who can tell?

You need to show the edit screens of the transactions in question

If you want to confirm the bug, run a test as well.

A post was split to a new topic: Stopping negative sales and inventory

In the latest version (24.4.7) I’ve updated calculation method on Inventory Quantity by Location so it’s consistent with how Inventory Items tab does it.

Also, Qty owned will not necessarily match to Inventory Quantity by Location. You can make a purchase order, have the items delivered without being invoiced.

This situation would increase your count in Inventory Quantity by Location without affecting Qty owned figure.

That’s why we have Qty on hand figure which will match Inventory Quantity by Location report.

@lubos I do not have the expected result.
I ran a test business, and I believe that Inventory Transfers are not being calculated for the updated report Inventory Quantity by Location.

and again, the same result:

and in addition, with a write-off from Location No 2:

When an Item (Qty on Hand: 1) is transferred from, let’s say, the Location No 1 to the Location No 2, and then being written-off from the last one (No 2), we have, through the report Inventory Quantity by Location, for Location No 2: -1, rather than the correct qty [=0 (1-1)].
If I am not missing anything here, I think that Inventory Transfers are not being calculated for the updated report Inventory Quantity by Location.
I hope that there is a fix or further instructions, if I have not missed something, considering that now the report Inventory Quantity by Location for my databases gives totally wrong status/balances for inventory items, not being in line with what Qty on hand figures depict on Inventory Items screen.
Just to note that I refer to the new Qty on hand, not the obsolete one.
Cloud - 24.4.7.1415

@lubos @Abeiku
I just confirmed the same that inventory quantity by location is showing negative because it does not capture inflow of inventory

1 Like

I have reverted this change. I’m going to approach this issue differently.

2 Likes

I just checked and I have the same issue (negative figures as presented with #6 evans) that occurred with the updated report Inventory Quantity by Location.

Has this change been revoked or not yet?

Cloud - 24.4.7.1417

The issue still persist
@lubos

1 Like

Same issue face today
Uploading: Screenshot_20240408_024751_Samsung Internet.jpg…

You should wait with posting your message until the image is fully uploaded. Now we just see the Uploading message…

please upload jpg images to the forum directly not a link to another site

Dear @lubos @Patch
The change has not been reverted.

Kindly fix ASAP. The issue is really affecting us.

Thanks

1 Like

@lubos , we cannot reconcile the actual stock with that of showing in the report Inventory Quantity by Location So, it is strongly requested to revert the charges like you suggested.

2 Likes

We have the same issue. Everything in the negative, store keepers are losing their minds.

3 Likes

LOL, i thought i’m the only one.

I am not sure that those commenting that @Lubos did not reverse this if they are on Cloud server. To force the upgrade to at least version 24.4.8.1419 go to https://cloud.manager.io, click Restart Cloud.

By 24.4.8.1417 cloud edition, the problem had not been fixed.

With 24.4.8.1419, it is now ok.

all good now, thanks!