Inventory Price List

I discovered by reading the topics that there is a new report called Inventory Price List.

I have looked at this, and I am not exactly clear what this report does. At first I thought it was a price guide for customers, but given that I cannot select inventory items and select only certain items, this is not the case.

So I don’t know what the accounting use is for this report. When did it come out as I usually read the release notes and I don’t recall seeing this. Thanks

It was snuck in without a release note.

If you have custom fields for your inventory items, you get the option of filtering according to the custom field content. More improvements are expected.

yes i understand that you can filter it using custom fields, but I still dont understand the purpose of the report - is this something to send to internal staff for latest prices or something you send to customers or what are people supposed to do with the information?

In your case, obviously, nothing. :wink: But users frequently requested it. And the only other way to get it is to export the Inventory Items tab listing, which contains a lot of other stuff.

1. It provides a global look up without having to go to individual items.

2. Those employees who require the information but aren’t linked directly to Manager
    a) Sales counters without computer access.
    b) Sales representatives on the road

3. A management tool to review prices

I think you get the picture - it has a multiple of applications either on paper or as pdf.

Yes I can see. Not really relevant for my needs

Hey Its a great feature now just checked it, i created a custom field in inventory item and filtered price list through it. I was wondering if is it possible some how to use the filter same way in inventory quantity movement and inventory profit reports so it will be great to know quantities filtered by filter custom fields and profits aswell. @lubos is it possible ?

1 Like