Inventory Locations

Hello everyone!

I’m not sure if this topic has been discussed before, so I apologize if this is a repeat topic.

I run a small custom phone case & accessory business, & have different inventory locations for all of my stock. When invoicing a customer, it has the ability to select what location to pull said product from. However, what I am running into is when an invoice contains items from two different inventory locations. I have been using the Inventory Transfer feature to adjust where the particular products are in order for the invoice to account for them correctly (without leaving a negative balance in said location). I am wondering if it is possible to add a feature (though I am not familiar with the difficulty this entails) to choose a location for each inventory line item to avoid this extra step in doing the Inventory Transfers?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

If invoice is selling items in multiple inventory locations, then I suggest it would be better to utilize Delivery Notes tab.

The idea is that invoice will just sell items but Delivery Notes wil actually move the items from your inventory location to customer.

If items come from multiple inventory locations - this is probably what’s happening anyway. You sell the item and then you figure out how to ship those items to customer.