Items at multiple location

HELLO,
I have Item Name(X) which is placed in three warehouse.
How I can assign X item is placed in Main Office, Warehouse-A or Warehouse-B?
How I can track total quantity of Item X placed in all warehouses?
How I can track warehouse’s stock?
When Selling Goods , How to select from which location you are selling ?

Read the three Guides about inventory management, starting here: Manage inventory - Part 1 Introduction | Manager.

Create inventory locations as described here: Use inventory locations | Manager.

Thanks for Reply,
I am able to create multiple warehouse . But How to assign items location when they are placed in two different locations.
During Sale or Purchase Invoice , there is option for choosing Item , but there is no option for location (from where the item is placed).

have you enabled Delivery Notes & Goods Receipts tabs?
if yes, you will be able to select the inventory location when creating the delivery note for a sale and goods receipt for a purchase.

You need to read Part 3 of the inventory management Guide more carefully. This is fully explained.

thanks for Reply Sharpdrivetek,
No , I am not using Delivery and Good Receipts. I just want that during Sale , the item location should be displayed. For example when we are making Sale Order of Item(Printer) it displays , Printer is placed in warehouse A and B. Select location from where you want to sell.
And Same for Purchasing Printer, It should ask where to put this.

not using is different from being enabled.
if you have enabled the Delivery Notes and Goods Receipts tabs, the inventory location can be selected only when creating a delivery note or goods receipt.

1 Like

There is Location Option in Sale Invoice. But its for complete Invoice. It’s not for every single item. Software should automatically fetch where the following item is placed, Why we have to assign all locations(Also display location where items is not placed)?

inventory location by line item is something to think about.
i have never thought about it until now as i had no such situations in my business.
maybe this can be added to the ideas category @Tut @lubos ?

So , Right now there is any way for doing the same?.

You have two choices for using inventory locations with sales invoices:

• Without Goods Receipts and Delivery Notes enabled, the location selection occurs on the sales invoice and applies to the entire invoice. This is satisfactory only when all inventory items on an invoice are shipped or received at the same location.

• With Goods Receipts and Deliver Notes enabled, location selection occurs on those forms, not on the sales invoice. This solution allows split shipments and receipts of goods.

The reason, as explained in the Guide I have suggested to you multiple times already, is simple. If you are not going to ship/receive inventory items from a single location, the program must allow for the possibility of partial shipments and receipts of inventory. That requires use of goods receipts and delivery notes. In such a situation, the sales invoice only records the customer’s obligation to pay. Actual delivery must come by separate transactions at different locations where inventory is actually stored. The reverse is true for purchase invoices when products will be received in multiple locations.

The important thing to understanding this is to realize that unless you restrict yourself to delivery or receipt of complete invoices at a single location, you are dealing with multiple accounting transactions. They just cannot be handled as a combined transaction, or you lose the ability to track inventory by location.