Idea - Batch Create & Update

Just an idea.

Given the importance of these two functionalities inside Manager to create/update great quantities of data and create some sorts of fast “plugins”, wouldn’t be possible to implement something to directly connect batch functionalities to an online open source version of a spreadsheet?

Something like Lucky Sheet GitHub - mengshukeji/Luckysheet: Luckysheet is an online spreadsheet like excel that is powerful, simple to configure, and completely open source.

so that the “link” between Manager and the spreadsheet will become permanent and automatic without copy and paste?

BTW if I am not wrong Manager already implements something like this under Report Transformations…

This Lucky Sheet seems very promising.

But yeah, it would be very handy to have some simplified form of spreadsheets like the ones in report transformations to act as registers that can be imported.

This is very similar to Odoo’s statement import combined with their spreadsheets app.

Imported to create and update. It can also give us a tool to create some additional functionalities.

To be honest, I’m not sure how this would really add to Manager’s customisation functionality.

Dynamic read write to an external spreadsheet over laps with the above functionality but I’m not convinced is better for either function.

The question is… why not?

First of all in term of coherence:

1. a standard user of the Desktop edition is fine with standard Excel
  2. a user of the Server edition works online… why not a sort of Excel online

Secondly, as already told, it’s the same thing under Oddo and other softwares. Manager API is so undocumented and changes so frequently that I fear to pay someone to make some plugin that uses them: also it is very costly.

I did personally several plugins under Excel that create a script which updates manager through Batch functionalities. Since I use Manager Server Edition, it would be great if I could use them via web without copy and paste and with policies of access.