How to have balance column on filtered bank statements

Hi,

I see balance column when I have entire list of bank transactions:

When I am making statement for bank account for particular period, balance column disappears:

Is there any effective (faster than exporting and filtering in excel) way to retain balance column for filtered transactions? Or report?

Thanks

There is no method for obtaining balances when viewing what you are viewing. That is because what you are looking at is the result of a search on the drill-down for Statement balance. It contains only those transactions with the date fragment you entered as your search criterion. Your first screen shot shows the entire history of the account, so running balances make sense. But they lose all meaning when you isolate just a few transactions, because transactions contributing to changes in the account balance might be missing from the list.

You may think you have searched for transactions during October 2017, but you did not. You searched for transactions containing the text string “2017-10.” If you had such content in the Description field of transactions, they would also have shown, regardless of the date of the transaction.

Your screen shot also suggests you are not allocating transactions to accounts when entering them. If that is true, they are dumped into the Suspense account until you can correct that oversight. Until you correct that, your financial statements will be wrong.

I see meaning to have balances when is need to have reports for custom intervals of time (few days, weeks). I can produce such reports from online banking (and it gives balance every time, even after individual not linked transactions), but it is more handy to have this on Manager.

Yes, I am aware of that.

These were removed only from screenshot, on Manager everything is ok

Thanks.

That may be, but you are looking at a custom report generated by your bank’s software. What you have requested applies to search results of what is displayed on a screen, not a customized period of a banking register. This goes back to my earlier comment that your search is not for a span of dates, but for a text string.

I am aware of that as well, but even it is text, it is meant to represent the date and I am using to search for date. Or this is wrong? What is then right way to get bank account report/statement from Manager?

You are thinking of it incorrectly. As I have now said twice, you are not searching for dates when you use the Search function in Manager. You are searching for text strings that match your input, wherever they occur in screen display. Manager could find your text text string in the date column, account name, description, or even the amount figure itself, depending upon what you enter.

There is no right way. You should get your bank statement from the bank. What you can get from Manager is a list of transactions that have been entered. That list will include a running balance as long as Manager has the data necessary to compute it. But when you limit the list by using the Search function, Manager no longer has the necessary information. It is restricted to working with the search results, which are only some of the transactions, so it has insufficient data.