How to get 'Sales price' data in a custom field for custom calculation

Hi Team,

First, I would like to ‘Thank you’ so much for building this application. It’s just an awesome software that makes life easy.

I have a requirement where I need to show the final price of an item including the tax in the inventory listing window so that my shopkeeper can quickly let the customer know the price.

I have created a custom field in Inventory. Now I need to access the ‘Sales price’ (tax exclusive amount) column data so that I can calculate the final price in the custom field.

How do I do that ?

Thanks.

Your question does not make sense. First, you say, “…show the final price of an item including the tax….” Then, you say, “…I need to access the ‘Sales price’ (tax exclusive amount)….”

Tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive prices are two different things. You can put either price into the Sales price field when defining an inventory item. No custom field is needed. When you create either a sales invoice or receipt (for non-credit sale), simply check the box on the transaction form to indicate whether prices are tax-inclusive. See the Guide: Choose between tax-exclusive and tax-inclusive prices | Manager. You must remember which type of pricing you have used when defining your inventory items.

If you are really saying you want to show both, you cannot do that in the inventory item definition or Inventory Items tab listing. Only one sales price can be shown for any item. However, you can automatically display both prices using a combination of a custom field with a custom theme. See this Guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/17115. That would be considerable effort for little gain, however, because you would have to complete the transaction before the result would show on the finished form.