How to create sub-accounts in Chart of Accounts

Sub-Accounts - Can the optional “CODE” for the accounts be modified to have at least say a sub-code so that we can then nominate say a number for the head account (eg: Insurance) and then for the sub-account: Insurance - Vehicles, have either another number or a letter. I then hope that the number for the head account will provide the total for all sub-accounts under that number and then see the sub-accounts respectively with their sub-account letter?

Still waiting for the opportunity to have sub-accounts. These are useful, not only for differentiating between, “Insurance” for instance, but also this give an opportunity to better analyse what is happening with various parts of a major account type.

How far with that Boss

How is the sub accounts going Lubos. I can’t use this program without it, or is there a way to edit the current accounts

Has there been any progress in adding a sub-accounts feature in chart of accounts? …really needing that to be a function for this software to be useful, especially for expense accounts.

I’m planning to add sub-accounts before end of this month.

3 Likes

Wonderful! I look forward to it. Thanks for your reply.

Thank you, we will reach the top soon

How is the progress on adding sub-accounts? this feature is what I’m waiting on before I begin using Manager.

If you go to Free Accounting Software | Manager you will see that its #2.

Check the latest version (16.1.13), it has been just released. There is still a lot to improve but foundation is now there.

2 Likes

whoppee for sub-accounts, thanks for that.

Unfortunately I’m having trouble downloading the Windows Desktop version? Indicator is that Firefox is not responding when I tried to save the file.

Thank you very much for the feature. Any ETA on documentation?

I can’t figure out how the new “New Total” button works, under Chart of Accounts > P&L Statement. When I create a new total item, how do I tell it what I want it to total? And is this meant to replace the Settings features for Multi-Step Income Statements and Classified Balance Sheet, which seem to have disappeared?

Yeah, multi-step income statement and classified balance sheet is now gone. You can setup structure within chart of accounts directly.

As for totals, use Code field to specify where do you need total to appear. E.g. Gross profit total would usually appear right after Cost of goods sold group. etc.

Thanks, but I can’t quite figure it out. I’ll wait for the documentation.

Have sorted it and have downloaded OK.

What, exactly, do sub-accounts do? The P&L Statement doesn’t sub-total anything, regardless of how accounts are grouped, and the new New Total button won’t put a total line within a group.

I have my income accounts set up like this:

But the resulting P&L statement lists all 6 income accounts in a single section (with just one total, for all of income) rather than in a Sales Income section and an Other Income section, each with its own subtotal.

And the heading accounts don’t seem to appear anywhere else, either. All the account lists I can find just seem to list all relevant income accounts together, rather than showing the created hierarchy.

Please, can someone provide some documentation. Now that Multi-Step Income Statements are gone, my reports are not working the way they were before this.

I actually think it was much better before. The associated changes to the Summary screen are really unfortunate. It was better before, with Accounts receivable broken out and displayed by aged receivables and with Cash on hand also broken out. (I tried uninstalling and going back to the old version, but that corrupted my data. Happily, I had a backup.)

Old Summary (better!):

New Summary (not better!):

The latest version (16.1.21) already shows all levels on Summary screen. All levels are not yet exposed on balance sheet and profit & loss report but that’s coming very soon.