Does "Back up" in Desktop edition also backs up view or preferences or settings? Or it just backs up only records?

Vravani,

I’m guessing from your question and from your other posts that you want to re-install Manager. While I can’t promise anything, I did exactly that tonight (because I really don’t like the Chart of Accounts changes in today’s release and wanted to go back to a prior version for now).

I found that the .manager data files are not backward-compatible from version to version – at least not from v16.1.20 back to v16.1.12, after having created sub-accounts. But luckily I had a backup .manager file from just before I updated from 16.1.12, and I hadn’t made any data entries since then. So I uninstalled Manager from the Windows control panel, then deleted the Manager folders wherever I could find them under my User directory (look in AppData), then reinstalled, then used the Add Business > Import Backup function. Everything, including settings and preferences, seemed to come back for me except for the name of my business, which I just typed back in, and the top-menu privacy preference.

No guarantees, but it worked for me. Good luck!