How to convert manager.io file to csv or excel file?

If you are referring to sending images/receipts to clients then yes, I don’t think that Manager can do this, however you are able to use the local attachement storage option in manager to save documents locally with each transaction

attach documents to transactions

@lubos I am sure will review this as I made the same mistake myself years ago when I was more competitive for bigger clients but too expensive for very small clients.

You can export the data to tsv which excel can open and then you can save as a csv. All you do is open excel, then tell it to open the tsv file and then do save as.

I agree with you on this point and I have made this point myself in the past. It is much easier for novices to follow a video tutorial rather than wading through ten pages of written instructions. Written instructions are useful however sometimes a video tutorial is far better.

Manager is universal in that it supports any country - there is nothing UK specific that Manager can’t do - I live in the UK as well and I have seen nothing that is UK specific that Manager is not capable of doing.

As for your accountant - what you need to bear in mind is what you use the accounting program for and what your accountant uses the accounting program for are two very different tasks. You should never make a decision for your choice of accounting program based on what your accountant wants.

In my opinion any accountant that expects their clients to move to their preferred program is just being lazy. All the accountants need is the profit and loss statement and the balance sheet which takes less than two minutes to create in Manager. In addition, viewing the expenses is easy as every account is on the summary page and is as easy as clicking on each expense and viewing the list. He doesn’t need to export anything into csv and then into his program.

You use the program every day, your accountant uses it once a year (unless he does your books). In short, your decision should be based on what you find simplest to use, not what suits your accountant.

One last consideration:

I have found the support for Manager to be absolutely top notch. I have however heard many people complain that Quickbooks support is notoriously poor and most people (myself included) found Quickbooks difficult to use, whereas I took to Manager like a duck to water.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide.