How to change invoice column names

I think you have received several clear answers. In post #30 above, @eko said:

In post #38 above I provided a link to another topic in which I shared the code I used in a custom theme to change the column headers.

In post #43 above @Mabaega shared a custom theme that they created to match the sample invoice.

As a fellow Zimbabwean trying to achieve the same things you are, I am also frustrated. But my frustrations at this point are with Zimra and Axis Solutions, not Manager, @lubos, or any of the forum users.

The only guidance I have been able to find from Zimra about the specific requirements for the invoices is:

1. All registered operators with Points of Sale Systems operating on centralized server/data storage facilities with ICT capability to develop APIs, has an option to utilize the virtual fiscalisation platform through direct interface with the ZIMRA FDMS system using APIs for server-to-server integrations as a way of complying with fiscalisation requirements
  2. All Point of Sale (POS) Systems should be installed with upgraded approved Fiscal Devices or
    Virtual Applications which are compatible with FDMS systems, with ability to print Fiscal Tax
    Invoice/Receipt/Debit/Credit Notes:
    a) Bearing all the features required by the legislation (Section 20/21 of the VAT Act) including TIN and VAT numbers generated from TaRMS for both the buyer and the seller
    b) Verifiable using QR Codes and Authentication Codes generated from FDMS
    c) With transaction and tax totals rounded to two (2) decimal places
    d) Brief explanation of the circumstances giving rise to the issuing of the credit note
  3. Registered Operators are advised that compliance with FDMS will be one of the requirements in
    issuance of Tax Clearance Certificates (ITF263), effective 1 January 2024

The above is taken from Public Notice 92 of 2023 Compliance with Fiscalisation Data Management System [FDMS], available to download as PDF from https://www.zimra.co.zw/public-notices.

The template that you (and I) have received from Axis Solutions is their way of implementing the requirements set out by Zimra. Another service provider may have created different invoices that also meet Zimra’s rather opaque requirements, so I don’t think we can expect @lubos to make changes to Manager just to satisfy Axis Solutions. We don’t know, for example, that Zimra requires specific column headers. We do know that they require “transaction and tax totals rounded to two (2) decimal places”. Manager already allows for this. But the column headers may just be Axis Solutions’ choice of words.

As I mentioned in my first post above, I am still awaiting feedback from Axis Solutions on the sample invoices I sent to them. I may be proven wrong about some of what I have said. But my experience with Axis Solutions and our fiscal device so far makes me think that Axis is quite capable of “training” their software to work with various data formats that don’t exactly match the template and wording that they have provided, although you may struggle to get that concession from the technical assistant you are dealing with.

However, I hope that we have shown here and in my related topic that users of Manager in Zimbabwe do at least need a way to keep column headers consistent. Until that is possible, we are dependant on a custom theme to make our invoices compliant with our fiscal device. And if we are using custom themes, then you have been shown two solutions above to your question that started this whole discussion about how to edit the column names.

7 Likes