How to change invoice column names

We are currently going through the migration process with Axis Solutions as well. They haven’t yet provided feedback on the sample invoices that we supplied to them for testing (which are unchanged from what we’ve been issuing since we first had our fiscal device installed). There were a few issues that we had to resolve when we first set up our fiscal invoices a couple of years ago:

1. When the column headings change between invoices, the fiscal software fails to read it correctly. For example, if we have multiple units on the invoice, there is a column heading for “Qty”. However, if the invoice contains only items measured in a single unit, such as hours or litres, then that becomes the column header, and the software doesn’t find “Qty” and returns an error. I solved this by editing our custom theme to always use “Qty” for the header. You can see a discussion about that with the code I used here. (We were using custom themes before they were designated as obsolete, so just continued to use the theme we had developed.)

My understanding from the previous implementation is that the software is “trainable” to pick up whatever column headings you want to use, but those must be consistent across invoices, and not change from one to the next. I am not sure if that is still the case with the new implementation.

2. Where our invoices run onto multiple pages, successive pages get the column headers. However, in some cases there are no item rows on the last page (for example, when it is just the total that is pushed over onto the last page). In these cases the fiscal software returns an error, I presume because it sees the column headers for “Item”, “Qty”, etc, but cannot find corresponding data for these. We solve this on a case-by-case basis by changing the invoice to remove information that causes it to run onto the final page, or by adding information so that there is at least one item row with data for the column headers on the last page.

I will update this discussion if/when we get an invoice template that satisfies Axis Solutions’ requirements, and will be eagerly watching to see if anyone else manages.