How to add spell check language to Manager Desktop on Windows?

I understand that Manager.io is a Webview2 app that is based on Microsoft Edge on Windows. I am able to use spell checking, but only for English. I don’t know where this setting is controlled, but changing my Microsott Edge settings doesn’t seem to change the options in Manager Desktop. Is there a way to change this? I would like to add spell check for Dutch.

Try this

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top-right corner.
  3. Click the Settings option.
  4. Click on Languages.
  5. Under the “Check spelling” section, turn on the toggle switch for the languages that you want Microsoft Edge to check spelling while you’re typing.

Thank you for offering a solution. I had already tried doing your suggested solution before I made my post, because that seemed to be the most logical thing for me. However, the Webview2 app doesn’t look at the settings in Microsoft Edge. Manager uses completely different languages then the ones I have listed in Microsoft Edge.

Does this solution work for you? Are you able to add other languages to your Manager Desktop install?

I suspect this is because the settings in Microsoft Edge are linked to a profile, while the Webview2 app runs without a profile.

Looking at this question on Stackoverflow, this feature request on GitHub, and this feature request on GitHub, it reads to me like this is something that needs to be changed in the code of the app, not a user setting.

There is an option to add additional languages. The option is to install Grammarly. This might work for you

There is an option to add additional languages

Again, the settings here have no effect on the Webview2 window, regardless of adding languages.
Or do you mean that inside the Webview2 window you see an option to add additional spell check languages?

The option is to install Grammarly. This might work for you

Extensions don’t work in Webview2, so this is not a viable solution.

I appreciate the suggestions, but did you try any of your suggestions yourself to see if they actually work? Because with just possible solutions I can think of, I could fill a long post :wink:

Why do you want a spell check in Dutch. Manager is 100% translated in
Dutch. If you don’t know how, start Manager and at the bottom of the opening screen where you can select the company to open you should see this:

Click on the plus and you can select the requested language. In my case you see that I use the Dutch version.
Lots of success.

I want a spell check for the normal reason, to check the spelling of stuff that I’m typing. I would like to avoid spelling mistakes on my Dutch, English and German invoices. Perhaps you are great at spelling (in multiple languages) and don’t need a spell check when you write stuff, but I would prefer to use it.

It appears here as a bug.

That might well be a bug if any other language then English was visible, but this is what I see (using v23.8.1.930 on Windows 11):

Only the default three English options are listed.

And these are my language settings in Microsoft Edge (v115.0.1901.200 x64), so that it’s clear that these setting and the Webview2 app settings are unrelated:

Changing to “Microsoft Editor” doesn’t make any difference.

A work around is to

• click on a link in Manager desktop (Webview2) and choose “Open in a new window”
  • The new window will be in your default browser, which I assume supports spelling checking.

Sorry, I thought I was helping. I will leave it to someone else. Good luck