How to add logo

I am using desktop edition. I would like to add my company logo to invoices, purchase orders…
Please let me know how can I do it.

Go to Settings tab, click Customize button, tick Business logo then click Update
Go back to Settings tab click Business logo, then upload your logo.

Did all of the above also as mentioned in the guide, still don’t see my logo. I’m using the desktop edition. Can someone tell me what I do wrong?

@itmoto summarized the process correctly. Let me restate things in order:

1. In the left navigation pane, click on Customize.
  2. In the list that appears, check the boxes for every feature you want to enable, such as Sales Invoices.
  3. Click Update at the bottom of that screen.
  4. In the left navigation pane again, click Settings.
  5. In the new list that appears, check boxes for everything you want to be able to change the setting of. You must specifically include Business Logo and Sales Invoice Template, for example, if you want your logo on a sales invoice. If you are doing sales quotes, purchase orders, etc., also check those.
  6. Click Update at the bottom of the screen.
  7. You will be taken back to the Settings screen. Click Business Logo.
  8. Choose a file with your logo.
  9. Click Update.
  10. Try a test sales invoice to see if your logo comes through.

If I were to guess, I would say that perhaps you are forgetting to always click the Update button. Some of these lists are very long, so the button does not show until you scroll to the bottom.

I hope that helps.

Tut, Thanks for the tips. It indeed works with added items, but not, for instance, in the balance sheet or the other “standard” forms. Perhaps you als know how that works?

Most standard reports do not include business logos. If you are familiar with balance sheets and income statements typically released by publicly traded companies (such as in their annual reports), you might recall that you rarely (if ever) see them with any form of graphics.

Generally speaking, Manager puts logos and business information on things that might go to a customer, such as a sales invoice or receipt. The only report I use (and I don’t use or have all enabled) that includes the logo is a customer statement.

Seems logical… Thanks again for your response!

I realize that my being a graphic designer is probably getting in the way with this, but I’ve tried dozens of times with the Settings-Business Log-Settings upload routine and haven’t gotten any positive results. I am yet to find a Customize button. Are these instructions for Mac users or PC users? I’m on Mac OS X 10.10.2 Thanks.

I’m a Mac user, also, using the exact same version of Yosemite, but the instructions are the same for all operating systems Manager supports. Unfortunately, you haven’t described your problem well enough for me to know what you are trying to do. What have you tried dozens of times? Are you trying to put your logo on sales invoices and similar customer-facing documents?

Follow my numbered instructions earlier in this thread. In Step 1, if you can’t see the blue word “Customize,” scroll down. It is there.

In Step 4, I left out one small instruction. After you click Settings, click the Customize button at the top of the screen that appears. Then go on to Steps 5-10.

Overall, there are 3 Customize buttons to know about. One is always present under the list of active tabs in the left navigation pane. The second is at the top of the Settings screen showing all the things you can set parameters for. The third is at the top of the Summary screen that opens when you start the program and select your business. And wherever you are in the program, always remember to scroll to the bottom and click Update if it’s there.

If this information doesn’t solve your problem, please be specific. No-one can help you unless we know your specific issue. Then you will find many forum members who are happy to help out.

Thanks. It took a couple more tries, but I now have a logo on my invoice. I appreciate your followup with the added details.

I only see one customize button at the bottom left. No customize button at the top above settings. No customize button at the top of the summary screen. What am I doing wrong? I am a novice at the program, but need logo, address and description box to be on my purchase invoices.

Is there something I need to activate in order to have these features? I also don’t have an update button at the end of the settings screen, nor do I have check boxes with the settings items.

Thanks for the attention.
Rick

This is an old topic. Many of the descriptions are now obsolete after simplifications of the customization process.

The Customize button under the left navigation pane allows you to enable tabs. The Set Period button at the top of the Summary page lets you set the date range for display. For anything else, click on the Settings tab, then choose from the icons/topics that appear.

In Settings, the things you need are at Business Details and Business Logo.

Thanks for the quick response. I have done each of these settings and customizations. The only one I don’t see within “customize” is the “enable tabs.” Does it matter that I am using the desktop version?

Completed all the others - logo, business details. Still no customized info on PO’s Purchase Invoices, Sales Orders or Sales Invoices.

Any idea where else I can access the “enable tabs” as this might be the block?
Rick

By “enable tabs” I meant checking their boxes after clicking on Customize. If they are not enabled, they don’t show in the left navigation pane. And which tabs are enabled determines which reports you may be able to see and print. Don’t forget to Update the list after checking or unchecking boxes.

Sales invoices can be customized at the View Templates setting. Purchase invoices and sales orders are internal documents, not meant to go to customers, so there is no strong reason to customize them. Purchase orders will eventually be customizable, along with other reports and documents, according to @lubos.

A post was split to a new topic: Adding product logos to forms