How to add GST Calc worksheet

Hi

I’m an accountant in Australia and have just set up a new business for a client to use on the client’s computer.

I’m using manager version 21.7.24

I’ve entered the client’s ABN and GST code

The GST calculation worksheet that appears at the bottom of the reports section for my other clients is missing?

How do I add it please?

Thanks

John

See this guide Add localized settings and features | Manager
Which will enable access to these Localizations | Manager

Hi Patch

Many thanks. But I mustn’t be as smart as I thought I was.

I read the guide you sent the link for.

I went to the client and clicked on Settings
But I can not see where I can click on Import?
All I can see above all the options to access Start Date, and Chart of Accounts or Business Details etc is an option to Backup at the top. No mention of any option to Import?

Am I in the wrong place?

Cheers

John

It should be in the top right hand corner of the settings screen

Hi

That’s my issue.

It’s not there.

All I see is the option to Backup.

Unless I’m in a wrong screen?

Click the Settings Tab -
Then you should see at the top right hand corner -
Then select the country -
And select what you need to import -

Sorry No go.

I clicked on the settings image multiple times. No change.
I still only see the backup option?

I still can’t see an option to Import. Only to backup.

I ran a repair on the installation. Now instead of having a list of clients, all I’ve got is a list of long strings of numbers and letter where the names should be.

And a message about javascript and changing the folder? To what? and where?

So I’ve gone backwards instead of fixing anything.

What am I supposed to do about fixing that? I have no idea which string of numbers represents each client?

Is there any way I can attach a screenshot so you can see what I’ve got?

Try downloading and installing the latest version

What version are you using?

Check the following:

• 32 bit or 64 bit?
  • Webview2 installed?

Hi

I’m using the latest version. I downloaded V21.7.24 today and used it to update the older version I had.

The old version had the GST BAS Calculation Worksheet on it and working. It’s still there for my other clients but not for the new client I set up today.

My laptop runs on 64 bit.

I don’t know what the program Webview2 you mention is or does

I recommend you use the forum’s search function 'cos it’s been mentioned in several topics.

It would also help if you say what Operating System you are using - Windows 10, macOs, Linux,…

Manager in all versions works as a web server with a web browser. The cloud and server versions make this obvious.

With the desktop version, Manager packages both together but underneath it functions the same way. The difference is Manager desktop hard codes a particular browser (specific to each computer operating system).

The Windows desktop version of Manager was hard coded to use Windows Explorer in the past. As Microsoft is deprecating that program, newer versions of Manager Windows desktop are instead hard coded to use Webview2. If not installed, it is supposed to be installed automatically.

Without Webview2 installed, Manager Windows desktop will not work properly. To fix this, uninstall both Webview2 and Manager, then reinstall both. To do so, this post may help New Update - #4 by Patch

Hi Patch & Everyone

I went back to the Manager website this morning about an hour ago and guess what?

Lo and behold there is a new version available. Yesterday it was version 21.7.24. It’s still that for Mac & Linux. Today for Windows it WAS V 21.7.25

I installed that update and the ability to Import was there. I followed the instructions and imported the GST Calc worksheet.

BUT NOTE that it only imports if the client has to register for GST & BAS. If the client does not need to register, the ability to import is there but it does not actually create the worksheet option in the list of available reports.

I was about to send an email to my clients advising of the update just before I typed this message. So I went to Manager website to confirm the version number. That’s when I noticed that the version for Windows, Mac & Linux is now V21.7.26.

So two updates within hours of each other.

I need all my clients to have the same version as me to allow two-way file transfer so I’m sending them a copy of V21.7.26 that I just downloaded. In case Manager gets another update before they can update on their computers.

This isn’t a grumble. Far from it. I really like and appreciate how Manager keeps things current.

Thanks everyone for your help.

John

That’s nothing. Sometimes, when a major change is being rolled out, there are many more than that within minutes as feedback from early adopters comes in.

• You can transfer data from older to newer easily.

• So the requirement is who ever is reading a transferred versions of a Manager business file may need to update their version of Manager.

• In practice I leave my version of Manager fixed while my accountant is working with may data file. It reduces differences due to version changes, both to user interface and occasionally reported values.

The rapidly changing program and limited backwards compatibility is a significant disadvantage of using Manager in a production environment. I suppose possible work around include:

• All use the NG Software cloud version ensuring everyone’s version is constantly changing

• Run your own server and allow your clients to log in and update their business files. I’m not sure if the business user rights enables sufficient client isolation for this. Note this doesn’t really change the versions management issue but may mean your hosted copy becomes the Master.

• Run multiple versions of Manger in your accounting practice, depending on what individual clients have installed.

Patch and Tut I agree with both of you.

The issue I had was that my new client would have had a later version than I did. So I could have transferred to the client but the client couldn’t transfer to me.

Which would have been about as much use as an ashtray on a Harley.

So I thought it would be best if the new client and I at least started off with the same version. The client could stay constant if they wanted. I would keep updating as needed.

That’s when things came adrift.

@hbeedee, if you are providing accounting services to clients, I really do not think you have any reasonable alternative to using either the server or cloud editions. Allowing independent updates of software can cause too many problems.

Hi Tut

I see your point.

That said, I don’t know where you are located but here in Australia we accountants have a Regulatory responsibility (that is directly related to us retaining our license to act as tax agent for our clients) to get client permission to let me transfer or otherwise or deal with any aspect of their work. Or the storage and access to and of their records.

Which means that I’d need to get client permission to use the Cloud. Which in some cases I simply wouldn’t get.

Which is why I have elected to get my clients to download a desktop version for their own use. And make sure that the version I use is a later one.