Having Custom Field Issue regarding Custom reports

After having the problem initially, I checked and downloaded the most recent update, only to continue to have the same issue. With that said here is the problem:

I had 2 custom fields set up for orders and invoices. Both were single line text strings- 1 for Job #(because occasionally the # is TBD- hence the choice NOT to use a custom number field) and another for Job Name (these were originally set as line items for both orders and invoices, as in the beginning, I entered multiple job orders as one- I have since changed that and do 1 job per order).

I wanted to create an unpaid invoice report that showed the job name or number (or both) in a column. I probably don’t have this set up “just right” but i keep editing as I go and learn how Manager works. What I am finding is that while I select the custom fields, and give them an alias for the column, that is fine, but, as line items, it is not returning the information that was input (i.e.) Job# 2546 Job Name: Garcia. It is instead giving me some generic string name. I also copied data for a batch update, to try and check the headers for any ideas of where I am going wrong. Both (old versions) showed up as CustomField2.

I also remembered that changes had recently been made to Custom Fields, so I wondered if it had anything to do with them being converted from the “old” to the new", so I renamed the old ones and created new ones, even making Job # a custom number field for the sake of testing.

I am still having the same issues when trying to build the report/seeing the output. Only “Custom Field” allows me to “enter” the field name, YET it simply states nothing exists. When selecting Custom Field2 , that is not even an option.

I am guessing there is something I am doing wrong, but can’t seem to figure out what it is!

Screen shots below.
Version

Any ideas? Or direction?