Currently we have the following options to create receipts/payments:
- Copy a single invoice to Receipt/Payment
- Copy the entire statement to Receipt/Payment
- Manually type in Receipt/Payment detail
- Entirely forgo manual allocation in favor of auto-allocation.
The reason an additional method is proposed is that although the automatic allocation (option 4) works well in many situations, in some situations where specific allocation is required and there’s a large number of invoices involved, there is difficulty in applying options 2 and 3. Option 2 is laborious in any case, while Option 3 is laborious when the unpaid invoices are many.
I was thinking if the user was allowed to freely select the invoices to be paid and then click a button which will copy the selection to a new Receipt/Payment.
The proposed placement of this button is in:
- Customers > Sales Invoices screen
- Suppliers > Purchase Invoices screen
The following image illustratesof the proposed workflow:
The green box is for the selection boxes.