Export to MS excel

My problem may not be with Manager but still hoping someone can help. From any report there is only ‘Print’ or ‘PDF’ at the top but when I right-click one context menu choice is “Export to MS Excel” Choosing this opens excel but with a Web Query page and address of ‘http:///’ with nothing following, resulting in failure. (Sorry I don’t kow how to post a screen shot). Any insights appreciated.

Update your software. The Export function was missing for a few days, but has been restored. You can export any report as a TSV file, which spreadsheet programs can open.

Unfortunately (for me that is) I updated to 17.5.14 a few minutes before trying the export to excel again but with no change. I didn’t mention that I am using an old 2007 version of excel because I didn’t want to provide replyers with an easy answer but could this be the problem?

Did you try doing this through your right-click “Export to MS Excel” approach again? That won’t work. You have to use the Export button in Manager.

Actually, things have changed a little with reintroduction of the feature. Now, when you click Export, you see the resulting TSV file in a window. Copy that and paste it into Excel. A little easier than before, when you had to export it as a separate file, then open with Excel or import. The procedures for Excel were quite variable by edition, version, etc.

Did you try doing this through your right-click “Export to MS Excel” approach again?
Yup, sure did!

You have to use the Export button in Manager.
Yes that worked, although not to be too niggley some of the numbers end up in excel as text but I know how to fix that.

One suggestion, if I may.
Throughout Manager text/clickable items like the “Export” button are in, I estimate 5 point font. I strongly suggest something like 50pt so users can find them.

Thanks

1 Like