Expense Claims - a thought for consideratiopn

I want to share a thought with other users in relation to the Expense Claims module:

I think it would be nice if it would be possible to create expense claims in some form of “draft version” (i.e. without posting the entries to the accounts) and then have some simple way to “approve” these claims (at which time the “posting” will be done).

In its simplest form, the “approval” could just be that the draft expense claim is saved as a pdf which is circulated and signed by the relevant person. This signed approval could then be scanned and “attached” to the the draft claim in Manager and some “tic box” (or similar) is selected at which time the approval is done and the posting to the accounts take place.

A more “elegant” solution, may be to have a box (similar to todays “email” option) which would automatically send an email to the “approver” with a link that allows the approver to approve the claim “online”.

1. Would something like this be useful to other users of this software ?
  2. If yes, would this be possible to implement in Manager?
1 Like

The ideas section already has an Approval/Authorization workflow request (Multi Level Authorization). It one of the ideas with the highest number of votes.

You can also go and cast your vote.

1 Like