DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Embedded web server

I have to say the more I use manager the more I like it, just wondering how you edit the Web Sever settings or is this one we will have to wait for the server version to become available?

Giving users ability to edit web-server settings from within the app is kind of dangerous because they can break it to the point that the app won’t even load next time.

I don’t mind implementing ability to set custom port number but it must be done outside of the app in some config file rather than in the program itself.

Maybe, I’m not expelling my self right, is it possible to host the server yourself or does it have to be done by a preferred service provider?

You will be able to host the server yourself. There are no restrictions. I hope it will work on RasberryPi too. That would be kind of cool.

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It is a capable little computer which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming.

Are you still working on making it ‘hostable’?