Emailing invoice error message

And Use SSL checkbox is checked, correct?

how to solve the problem mail not sent

Yes, I’m a bit further on now but it’s the less secure apps thing that’s blocking it now! How can I just allow Manager without enabling?

I don’t seem to have this facility! :unamused:

A couple of questions from me because I have this problem also with around 200 invoices to send in the next two days.

What is SMTP providers and how do I contact them? What are ports?

There is a new guide how to set up Gmail.

https://forum.manager.io/t/google-gmail/22820

@lubos I now have my emails working BUT have had to enable less secure apps. I have seen posts on applying a password for specific apps and posts re 2-step verification. What I can’t find on my Google account is any actual options for applying 2-step or an app specific password. Can you give me any help with this please?

@Fairies if you have 2FA enabled on your Google account, then you cannot enable “less secure apps”, you need to create app-specific password. This is more secure approach.

Have you checked my Gmail guide? At what step are you stuck?

I clearly don’t have 2FA enabled then as I’ve been able to enable “less secure apps” on searching Google help on this topic it says there are options within “security” for this (copied & pasted below) but I don’t have these options!? According to the following I don’t have 2-step set up. So I follow instructions for that (copied & pasted at bottom) & I don’t have this option either (3. On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification .) I hope that makes sense!!

1. Go to your Google Account.
  2. On the left navigation panel, choose Security .
  3. On the “Signing in to Google” panel, choose App Passwords . If you don’t see this option:
  • 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account
  • 2-Step Verification is set up for security keys only
  • Your account is through work, school, or other organization
  • You’ve turned on Advanced Protection for your account

Step 1: Set up 2-Step Verification

Your account, alison@iron-away.co.uk , is through your work or school. Your organization might not allow 2-Step Verification. Check with your administrator to be sure.

1. Go to your Google Account.
  2. On the left navigation panel, click Security .
  3. On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification .
  4. Click Get started .
  5. Follow the steps on the screen.

@Fairies you are probably using Google Apps account or similar (it’s called G Suite now). The guide I’ve posted is for plain Gmail accounts.

Here is Google guide for G Suite accounts: Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help

I’m finding this very hard to understand (and try to work)! I have to enter my IP address which I can find on my Mac but when I enter it, it says invalid?? Why is this sooo hard?

I’ve set up my SMTP alright, but unable to email Invoices and Quotes.
This is the error that I receive. What could be the problem.

Could not resolve host... error would indicate you Internet connection is down or there is a typo in hostname of SMTP server.

I’m certain I got internet connection. I doubt if its typo errors SMTP server because when I run a test message on ‘Test email settings’ it goes with no problem.

That’s really strange. You should get the same error when clicking on Test email settings button. If you like, email me to lubos@manager.io and screenshot of your email settings (don’t send your password) and I will try to reproduce the error.

I’ve done everything according to your directions and Google’s and still I get a “fail” message when hitting “test email”
I have 2-step set up and an App password for Manager which is what I used in the password box in Manager

Yes i’ve had the same problem and nothing with test emails either. Its a shame but a good fix would be realy handy at this moment. I been working on it to send out my statements, and its frustrating

Now I have tried 2 other free smtp servers, sendgrid and mailjet - and none of them work. This has to be a Manager issue. Love the program and all was well until this email issue - but this is a huge headache for all of us. Please fix it or give a better way for us to fix it since changing smtp servers does not seem to be working!

@sprdthword and @Daryl_Albert, neither of you has provided any evidence of anything wrong with Manager. Others are using custom SMTP servers without problems, specifically including with ordinary and G Suite Google mail. That points to something in your setups. If you have read and followed the Guide and any special instructions linked to in it, but still can’t get things going, you need to post screen shots of your Email Settings page. (Obscure only minimal personal information.)

i am really surprised how so many users are having problems with custom smtp servers.
i have been using custom smtp from the beginning and even after the recent changes in Manager i did not even have to update my email settings. everything works perfect.

all the users who are complaining, are you hitting the Update button in email settings before testing the same?

i am using business mail services from zoho Email Hosting | Secure Business Email for your organization - Zoho Mail
i also tried testing my personal email provided by gmail with two factor authentication and app specific password. still nothing to complain about.